Butterflied Pork Tenderloin Filling
  Re: (...)
I saw somewhere, I look at too many food sites, where someone butterflied a pork tenderloin and then pounded it thin, somewhat, then filled it and rolled it. The filling didn't appeal to me - pesto with something - and that wouldn't appeal to the Hubby, so I was going to pick your brains.

What would you stuff in your pork tenderloin?

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Butterflied Pork Tenderloin Filling by BarbaraS (I saw somewhere, I l...)
I don't know that I'd work that hard with a pork tenderloin...there are so many great ways to pan sear and roast it and then serve it with a wonderful pan sauce. Here are some really good suggestions. The dried-cherry port sauce in the pdf is my very favorite.
  Re: Re: Butterflied Pork Tenderloin Filling by karyn (I don't know that I'...)
I'm almost positive Blane has made one with fontina cheese, and perhaps spinach and proscuitto?
  Re: Re: Butterflied Pork Tenderloin Filling by Trixxee (I'm almost positive ...)
I did one similar with Gruyere and spinach? But it was stuffed pork chops. It would work for a tenderloin easily, though.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Butterflied Pork Tenderloin Filling by Gourmet_Mom (I did one similar wi...)
Ooo! Gruyere and spinach!! That sounds tasty!

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: Butterflied Pork Tenderloin Filling by Trixxee (I'm almost positive ...)
Quote:

I'm almost positive Blane has made one with fontina cheese, and perhaps spinach and proscuitto?

Trixxee, that was the pork wellington with boursin and prosciutto, wrapped in puff pastry. Delicious!
  Re: Re: Butterflied Pork Tenderloin Filling by losblanos1 ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Yeah, I've done that one. Lots of work that one. I'm looking for a simpler filling and that Gruyere with spinach sounds really good! Thanks Daphne!

Barbara
  Re: Re: Butterflied Pork Tenderloin Filling by BarbaraS (Yeah, I've done that...)
The gruyere and spinach is wonderful and some toasted chopped pine nuts added to it, also.

- Black beans (smooshed) layered withchopped bacon, goat cheese
-Fig jam, blue or goat cheese, lemon zest

Better stop, I'm making myself hungry!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Butterflied Pork Tenderloin Filling by cjs (The gruyere and spin...)
My favourite is caramelized onions, chopped apple and fresh thyme.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Butterflied Pork Tenderloin Filling by Lorraine (My favourite is cara...)
Hi there, stranger!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com