What's for Dinner, Thurs., 1/10/13??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for today??

We were going to drive around Scottsdale, but the weather is so great, neither one of us wants to spend the day in a truck!! So, I think I'll finally get my grilled steak and use some of my 'herb garden' rosemary for rosemary pasta.

Also, we're invited to a BBQ tomorrow, so I started 18 hour bread last night and I'm making bacon jam to take for an appie and a dish of onion gratin.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs., 1/10/13?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Steak, baked potato and corn on cob---Thursday is BEEF day.

SCOTTSDALE, Jean??? Geesh---you should have said something sooner, I could have made arrangements for you to meet daughter and Chef James (sil)----they would have had you for lunch or dinner at Petite Maison ARRRRGHHHHH!!!!!!!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs., 1/10/13?? by Roxanne 21 (Steak, baked potato ...)
I'd love to get together with them on our way back thru - mid-March. Cause there is another restaurant, Posh, that we want to go back to. So, we'll plan two nights out in Scottsdale. (I'm making a note in my travel book!!)

I'm off to check out Petite Maison
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs., 1/10/13?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
We will have to stop in at Petite Maison the next time we are in Scottsdale! Nice website, nice menu! Yummy!

Jean we love Bacon Jam. My son even asked for it today for breakfast. This is how I presented it the other night while taste testing. Except I used arugula instead of frisee. Sorry pic is so big. I should have taken one of my own.

[Image: baconjam.jpg]
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs., 1/10/13?? by luvnit (We will have to stop...)
Beautiful luvnit!

We are having this Rachel Ray braised beef today. I have never in my life braised a top sirloin and I'm hoping it comes out ok. It's rainy and cool here today so something like this sounds good plus this will free up my usual dinner prep time for helping Michael with his homework if he needs it (though he is getting a lot more independent).

http://www.cookingchanneltv.com/recipes/...index.html
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs., 1/10/13?? by Trixxee (Beautiful luvnit![br...)
I had to save it so I could see it. Beautiful, Laura. I'm planning on matching some chevre with it.

Oh Roxanne, how fun and I also googled Chef James. Did he ever follow up with the BBQ place? the article was 2011.

And, this is what I'll have -
ESCARGOTS
roasted garlic | parsley butter | white wine | toasted baguette

ENTREE*
crispy veal sweet breads with capers, brandy and shallot

And, what a great idea the Staff Meal is -

STAFF MEAL is Petite
Maison's take on late
night dining. Offered
Thursday, Friday and
Saturday nights from
10pm to Midnight,
STAFF MEAL is an
opportunity for our
talented cooks to
prepare their best
dishes and offer it to
guests. Priced from $8
to $12, the menu isn't
known until that day.
All foodies, friends and
gourmands are
welcome!

http://blogs.phoenixnewtimes.com/bella/2...ng_new.php
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs., 1/10/13?? by cjs (I had to save it so ...)
That all sounds delicious, Jean. Fun, too!

Today, I'll make the braised beef recipe that was suppose to be dinner yesterday. We have half of a bloomin onion to reheat for an app.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs., 1/10/13?? by Mare749 (That all sounds deli...)
Sounds wonderful Jean. I wish we could just fly out and meet ya for dinner!
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs., 1/10/13?? by luvnit (Sounds wonderful Jea...)
Snow day here so making chicken and dumplings. Then if I get my short ribs gonna make Alina's short ribs in the pressure cooker.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs., 1/10/13?? by cjs (I'd love to get toge...)
A recipe from the middle east - chicken with plums.
Hello world