T.G.I.F. Dinner, 1/11/13
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

We're hittig a couple of 'special' markets and an olive oil factory this morning, then on to a BBQ, so a fun easy day.

P.S. Labs - oh you of obscure song lyrics and movie dialoge... I thought of you yesterday. A song came on by the Beatles, "She Came In Through the Bathroom," from their Anthology 3. I had never heard it before, I don't think.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 1/11/13 by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
"She Came in Through the Bathroom Window." From Abbey Road, I think. Don't remember it very well, though. Shall need to listen to it, later, once I find where my Beatles stuff is.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 1/11/13 by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Tonight we are going to the boss's house for dinner. Bringing the Bacon Jam appy!

P.S. in the recipe I used Siracha instead of hot sauce. YUMMY! Adds just a nice little kick.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 1/11/13 by labradors ("She Came in Through...)
Either chicken cutlets with the almond butter sauce and a baby beet salad or we'll have a cobb-type salad. Whichever we don't have tonight we'll have tomorrow.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 1/11/13 by Trixxee (Either chicken cutle...)
Leftover Slow-Cooker Asian Pork Shoulder over rice with some of the Onion-Rosemary Confiturra I made last week, and Asian-Style Cole Slaw from the other thread .
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 1/11/13 by Cubangirl (Leftover Slow-Cooker...)
Ok Jean already sent you an email about some other stuff but mentioned this in there too. And anyone else who has ideas please chime in!

I bought some fresh, wild caught Cod yesterday. I don't cook fish as I don't eat fish but Derek loves fish and I'm trying to learn. I need ideas on how to prepare this. I had some green lentils I was going to cook up tonight, but if they don't go with it I can do those tomorrow.

The fish is about 3/4 to 1" thick.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 1/11/13 by DFen911 (Ok Jean already sent...)
Don't know if this will help, but this is what I'm making for tonight's dinner. No reason you can't use cod.

Crispy Baked Basa

BASA, is a member of the catfish family, farm-raised in fresh water. The flavor of the basa is milder and more delicate than other carfish; when cooked it does not give off a "fishy" smell. Serve this recipe and you will be hooked!

1/2 cup almonds, ground and toasted
3 Tbs cornmeal
2 Tbs parmesan cheese
2 Tbs chopped parsley
1 Tbs flour
1/2 tsp lemon pepper
2 lbs basa fillets
2 Tbs lemon juice
parsley
lemon juice

1. Combine the first six ingredients in mixing bowl.

2. Dip fillets first in lemon juice, then in almond mixture to coat throughly.

3. Place on baking sheet; bake at 400 degrees, 15-20 minutes,or until fish is cooked through.

4. Garnish with parsley, Serve with lemon wedges and your favorite tarter sauce.

Servings: 6

Cooking Times
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes

Recipe Type: Diabetic, Dinner Party, Easy, Egg Free, Fish, food.com, Main Dish, Oven, Seafood

Source
Web Page: http://www.food.com/recipe/crispy-baked-basa-95598
Copyright: © 2012 food.com
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 1/11/13 by DFen911 (Ok Jean already sent...)
Denise, I made this recipe subbing Halibut for the Snapper, Cod would work also. It's so delicious. The Raita is a must.

[Image: Fishrecipe-1_zps412b28f1.jpg]

Here's my picture.

[Image: Indianstylesnapper-1_zps576b9caa.jpg]
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 1/11/13 by losblanos1 (Denise, I made this ...)
And here is yet another recipe (Tyler Florence used halibut but cod would work). Plate licking good!

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/tyler...cipe/index.html
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 1/11/13 by Trixxee (And here is yet anot...)
I've made this one at least a dozen times. I think cod would work just fine.

http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/v...grette-649