Wednesday's Dinner, 1/16/13
  Re: (...)
Can you believe it's the middle of the month already??????????? What's on the menu for everyone today?? By the way today is Fig Newton day....

Pizza for us tonight - need a fast one after a 2nd day of sitting in the truck.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 1/16/13 by cjs (Can you believe it's...)
Something with sirloin steak--I have a mini roast that I'm not quite sure what to do with. I will do my c@h dive again
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 1/16/13 by Roxanne 21 (Something with sirlo...)
Something with chicken breast. I'm thinking that dish with almonds that Trixxee and Blane both like. I really need a better system for keeping track of recipes that we would want again.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 1/16/13 by Mare749 (Something with chick...)
I'm going to try a recipe from one of the weeknight menus I haven't tried before - black bean chorizo chili.

Has anyone made this before?
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 1/16/13 by Trixxee (I'm going to try a r...)
Bistro style braised short ribs in the pressure cooker! I wish I had all the ingredients for the recipe Alina posted, so those will be next time
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 1/16/13 by DFen911 (Bistro style braised...)
Easy Chicken Cordon Bleu. A family favorite. Might do a baked potato on the side and steamed broccoli.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 1/16/13 by Mare749 (Something with chick...)
Quote:

Something with chicken breast. I'm thinking that dish with almonds that Trixxee and Blane both like. I really need a better system for keeping track of recipes that we would want again.

We loved that one! It's really surprising how tasty it is, considering its simplicity.

I'm not sure what we're doing. I have chicken and I'm debating doing the Mexican-Stuffed Chicken Breasts form #91, or some kind of chicken soup or stew....
  Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 1/16/13 by cjs (Can you believe it's...)
My son and I just whipped up a spaghetti sauce with tomatoes from the past summers garden.

Spaghetti is on the menu for tonight. He's a good little chef with an excellent palate.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 1/16/13 by luvnit (My son and I just wh...)
I'm still under the weather, William has now been hit with it, so we're doing leftovers. I'm too exhausted to worry about having lunch tomorrow.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 1/16/13 by luvnit (My son and I just wh...)
Those chicken cutlets really are delicious! The Mexican stuffed chicken breasts are delicious as well.

Trixxee, my wife made that chili for an office chili cook off, she got 4th place out of 8 teams. The voting was very suspect, some teams had up to 15 people and each had a vote. My wife was a team of 1. Does your recipe have pepperjack cheese and French fry garnish? If that's the one your making, it's delicious.

Tonight it's Hungarian meatball kebobs with paprikash sauce on rice.