Speaking of cooking shows: "The Taste"
  Re: (...)
Network TV is going to try to join the fray, again. The new ABC show will be called The Taste, with judges/mentors Anthony Bourdain, Nigella Lawson. Ludovic Lefebvre and Brian Malarkey (hope that final surname isn't something prophetic of the show's quality).

The Taste will combine two features that have been used in other competitions. First, it will be "The Taste" in that the contestants will each present only a single bite to be judged. Second, it will be "The Taste" in the same way that The Voice is The Voice - that is, with "blind" judging: the judges will not know who produced whatever they taste. If done properly, I think THAT aspect is something that ALL such shows should employ - especially, for example, the Last-Chance-Kitchen part of Top Chef, where Tom Colicchio knows all about the dishes before making his arbitrary pronouncements.

Will The Taste be delicious and have us wanting more, or will it turn just as sour as the other network attempts at cooking competitions? What do you think?
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Speaking of cooking shows: "The Taste" by labradors (Network TV is going ...)
I'll give it a chance, but what I really miss are good old-fashioned cooking shows.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Speaking of cooking shows: "The Taste" by Mare749 (I'll give it a chanc...)
I will probably not watch - not my cup of tea.
  Re: Re: Speaking of cooking shows: "The Taste" by Trixxee (I will probably not ...)
It has premise, but so many lose something to the almighty ratings.

I agree with Maryann in that we need instructional shows. We don't need more "food stars" we have about enough already. They are so hell bent on becoming more famous they've lost sight on what it is they actually do. Cook - so show us!

Sorry..(gets off her soap box).
  Re: Re: Speaking of cooking shows: "The Taste" by DFen911 (It has premise, but ...)
I'll probably watch, just to see what they come up with...
  Re: Re: Speaking of cooking shows: "The Taste" by karyn (I'll probably watch,...)
Just wish you guys could watch the El Gourmet channel and see just how much better it really is.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Speaking of cooking shows: "The Taste" by labradors (Just wish you guys c...)
I wish we could get the BBC channel 4 for Gordon Ramsay's cooking show there Ultimate Cookery. You can go to the web site but being in the US we're not allowed to view their content
  Re: Re: Speaking of cooking shows: "The Taste" by DFen911 (I wish we could get ...)
I'll give it a shot, but I agree with the others about too many wanting to become cooking stars instead of cooking instructors.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Speaking of cooking shows: "The Taste" by Gourmet_Mom (I'll give it a shot,...)
Here's another new show starting tonight - I'd be willing to at least give this one a shot. But, I do really like Bobby Flay. I've talked to him several times on FB regarding cooking, diet and horse racing and he's always very nice to me. Awww.....

http://www.foodnetwork.com/bobbys-dinner...index.html
  Re: Re: Speaking of cooking shows: "The Taste" by Trixxee (Here's another new s...)
Did that one start last night? I was going to give it a try. Will look for a rerun. That's right, he is a 'horse person' also, isn't he?
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com