T.G.I.F. Dinner, 1/18/13??
  Re: (...)
Almost forgot to do the thread - what's on the menu for everyone today??
And, today is Nat'l Peking Duck day....

I found two shops yesterday and went a little crazy - Marquez Bakery and Tortilla Factory and La Azteca Meat Market (which also has a Mexican deli and the food looked amazing) More later about all I picked up.

I have fresh corn and flour tortillas and we have leftovers from the BBQ joint we went to yesterday, so I'm making some tacos for breakfast.

Dinner will be at Twin Mountain Steak House - I'm going wild again in search of a big ole charred rare steak and baked potato!!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 1/18/13?? by cjs (Almost forgot to do ...)
Boerwors and cole slaw.....nothing too heavy. Peter has a shooting competition tomorrow so I have to keep it sort of on the light side. Very windy and HOT here...gotta pay attention to the fluid intake tomorrow.
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 1/18/13?? by Roxanne 21 (Boerwors and cole sl...)
Good luck to Peter in the competition!!! Boerwors - sausages, right??
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 1/18/13?? by cjs (Good luck to Peter i...)
Left overs, scratch one from my list did the short ribs with veggies in the pressure cooker last night and omg they were wonderful!! Just as flavorful as done on the stove and as tender.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 1/18/13?? by DFen911 (Left overs, scratch ...)
I think I'm going to make linguine with clam sauce and a tossed salad.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 1/18/13?? by Trixxee (I think I'm going to...)
Fish Tacos, mango salsa, avocado something.....and some kind of Margarita
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 1/18/13?? by farnfam (Fish Tacos, mango sa...)
Oh boy were our Brisket Tacos with Cabbage Relish delicious. First recipe tried out of the 300 Best Tacos book - that's always a great sign! And those fresh tortillas.....

[Image: Jan18BrisketTacoswCabbageRelish.jpg]

(Roy just brought home 6 more pineapple epanadas - the gal says they freeze well. )
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 1/18/13?? by cjs (Good luck to Peter i...)
They are South African sausages---with interesting ingredients---they are ALWAYS different as far as the taste--depends upon the chef of the day and what his mood is----but always yummy for Peter

Keeping my fingers crossed for the competition---he really NEEDS a good day----- and I need a good day!!
And what recipe did you use for the tacos?? I am doing those tomorrow---have the mango and avocado as well--- Margarita sounds good---I might have one before tomorrow!!
Quote:

... avocado something...

Try this extremely simple, extremely yummy "salad" that I had at a friend's house a couple days ago: Start with some chopped-up Roma tomatoes, add some chopped avocado, mix in a generous amount of chimichurri, add some balsamic vinegar and, if needed, some extra-virgin olive oil, then toss it all until well coated.

So simple, but SOOOOooooo good.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?