What's for Saturday's Dinner, 1/19/13??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for today??

and, today is Nat'l Popcorn Day

On the road to Fredricksburg/Kerrville and I have some anemic steak to use for leftovers today.

Quick breakfast will be a pineapple empanada - 2 down; 4 to go.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Saturday's Dinner, 1/19/13?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
I am going to make a big batch of chile and some homemade tortilla chips! That should be fun!
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: What's for Saturday's Dinner, 1/19/13?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Macs 'n Cheese. It's been an exhausting week at work. Went to bed at 8 last night right after a nice soak in the Jacuzzi.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: What's for Saturday's Dinner, 1/19/13?? by BarbaraS (Macs 'n Cheese. It'...)
Sounds very nice Barbara... especially the jacuzzi!
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: What's for Saturday's Dinner, 1/19/13?? by luvnit (Sounds very nice Bar...)
Depending on when the rest of the appliances are delivered and installed, it'll be the linguine with clams we were supposed to have last night or I'm prepared to just grill hot dogs with saurkraut.
  Re: Re: What's for Saturday's Dinner, 1/19/13?? by Trixxee (Depending on when th...)
Here's a popcorn recipe I just saw on Noble Pig in honor of National Popcorn Day. Dill Pickle Popcorn.

http://noblepig.com/2013/01/dill-pickle-popcorn/
  Re: Re: What's for Saturday's Dinner, 1/19/13?? by Trixxee (Here's a popcorn rec...)
We are having recipe from C@H, an older one from issue 55. It's called Smoky Grits soufflé with shrimp Creole. This will be my first time making it and it looks so good we are pretty excited about it
Has anyone tried it I would love to hear what you think
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: What's for Saturday's Dinner, 1/19/13?? by farnfam (We are having recipe...)
"Smoky Grits soufflé with shrimp Creole." Oh Cis, sounds so good - anxious to hear how it is.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Saturday's Dinner, 1/19/13?? by cjs ("Smoky Grits soufflé...)
A simple fish with ginger sauce, asparagus and noodles---hit the spot for a VERY LONG and EXHAUSTING day!!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: What's for Saturday's Dinner, 1/19/13?? by Roxanne 21 (A simple fish with g...)
Roxanne, how was the competition - was Peter victorious????
www.achefsjourney.com