Monday Dinner, 1/21/13??
  Re: (...)
What's for dinner for eveyone today??

We're having a C@H for the first time in a long time. Grilled lamb chops and with C@H's ginger apricot couscous, Cuisine for 2 book.

And since Wed. will be a travel day, want to get some food ahead so I'm making the old standby Broccoli salad.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Monday Dinner, 1/21/13?? by cjs (What's for dinner fo...)
Out and about today and we noticed some beautiful rare roast beef. Ciabatta is on the menu Using a recipe from Sandwiches and Sides.
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: Monday Dinner, 1/21/13?? by Roxanne 21 (Out and about today ...)
I'm going to try the Parmesan Halibut Piccata (though with tilapia) from a Cuisine Tonight For Two book. What is a little different about this piccata recipe is it has the addition of 1 tsp. to tomato paste in the sauce. Looks really pretty in the picture. Yellow rice and I need to pick up a vegetable or a head of lettuce.
  Re: Re: Monday Dinner, 1/21/13?? by Trixxee (I'm going to try the...)
Have never added that to a piccata - anxious to hear how you like it.

Rare roast beet + Ciabatte = what's not to love.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Monday Dinner, 1/21/13?? by cjs (Have never added tha...)
Quote:

Have never added that to a piccata - anxious to hear how you like it.

Me too! But then I had never added tomato paste to gravy for chicken fried steak and the addition of that was excellent.
  Re: Re: Monday Dinner, 1/21/13?? by Trixxee ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Still searching magazines.....
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Monday Dinner, 1/21/13?? by Gourmet_Mom (Still searching maga...)
Daphne, if you're well enough, make a truffle pizza - it always makes you happy!!
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Monday Dinner, 1/21/13?? by cjs (Daphne, if you're we...)
That's true, but sadly I don't have a car at the moment. I need to be able to use fridge/freezer/pantry items.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Monday Dinner, 1/21/13?? by cjs (Daphne, if you're we...)
Question -

In issue 32 there is a recipe in there for roasted leg of lamb. Lamb is on my menu today but I have never cooked it.

I have a bone in shoulder weighing in at around 5lbs. The recipe calls for leg but none to be found. This recipe says to cook it for an hour and add the time for doness - 17 med for med rare etc. I find it very hard to believe a 5lb roast is going to be done in one hour and 20 minutes.?

The other book I have in which I was going to do its recipe is also for leg but cooking for 3.5 hours so I am really confused here. There is not a lot of marbling so I don't want it to dry out, on the same note don't want it raw either.
  Re: Re: Monday Dinner, 1/21/13?? by DFen911 (Question -[br][br]In...)
What temp do the recipes say to cook it at?