What's for Thursday Dinner, 1/24/13??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for today??

Today is Nat'l. Peanut Butter Day -

have no idea, but I know we'll be grazing at Central Market, Antonelli's cheese shop, con Olio, and maybe 360 Uno for lunch and a little wine tasting.

P.S. How the heck long does an ex-husband's birthday stick in a person's mind. I used to have to remind the kids, but they are all old enough to remember themselves, so I think I could let it go. Anyway, happy birthday to him.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Thursday Dinner, 1/24/13?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
I think certain dates are ingrained FOR EVER!!! That is one I don't forget either (or the anniversary). Strange though

Tonight is a shrimp salad with a remoulade sauce and some angel hair pasta.

Peter's M.D. visits went well today. I can begin some of my baking again HALLELUJAH!!!!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: What's for Thursday Dinner, 1/24/13?? by Roxanne 21 (I think certain date...)
Good for Peter!! And good for Roxanne's cooking prowess!!!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Thursday Dinner, 1/24/13?? by cjs (Good for Peter!! And...)
I don't think we've had anything mexican for a while so I may make the chicken, bean and cheese burritos from one of the Cuisine Lite books. But I'm still not sure.
  Re: Re: What's for Thursday Dinner, 1/24/13?? by Trixxee (I don't think we've ...)
Met a new friend up here and she and I are going antiquing today. But if I get back in time I am doing a roast duck
  Re: Re: What's for Thursday Dinner, 1/24/13?? by DFen911 (Met a new friend up ...)
Have fun, Denise! I think I'm going to make cheesesteak sandwiches for dinner tonight.
  Re: Re: What's for Thursday Dinner, 1/24/13?? by karyn (Have fun, Denise! I ...)
I made Smitten Kitchen's Individual Meatloaves yesterday, but did not eat them, so we'll have those tonight. I am going to try to duplicate our favorite Costco Sweet Kale salad kit: broccoli, Brussels sprouts, green cabbage, kale, chicory, with a poppy seed dressing and dried cranberries and pumpkin seeds. We will probably add some spinach and cucumber and either toasted almonds or pine nuts.
  Re: Re: What's for Thursday Dinner, 1/24/13?? by Cubangirl (I made Smitten Kitch...)
Oops - wrong thread - thought this was the b-day dinner thread.
  Re: Re: What's for Thursday Dinner, 1/24/13?? by Trixxee (Oops - wrong thread ...)
Have Fun Denise!

SlowCooker Vol 2: Chicken Fajitas with the pepper salad. But I am changing it up a little: Using a Sirloin Pork Tip roast, And will serve with Corn tortillas and refried beans. But definitely with the pepper salad.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: What's for Thursday Dinner, 1/24/13?? by esgunn (Have Fun Denise! [b...)
Woke up to freezing temperatures and a few inches of snow. So, at 5:30am, I rubbed down a pork shoulder and put it in a slow oven. A few hours ago, I added some green enchilada sauce to it. Chopped up tomaotes, onions, lettuce, avocado,grated some cheese, salsa and sour cream are waiting,as are the corn tortillas. Taco Time!!!
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.