T.G.I.F. Dinner, 1/25/13??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

and, today is Nat'l. Irish Coffee Day (and.........I have kahlua!!)

I have some things to use up, so may make the Mongolian Flank Steak from C@H's Grill book and a noodle salad.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 1/25/13?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
BG will be here tonight! I'm voting for steak night, but I will defer to something else if she wants!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 1/25/13?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
PIZZA!
Seems like there were a lot of pizza commercials on TV last night so I woke up with the pizza urge lol
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 1/25/13?? by farnfam (PIZZA! [br]Seems lik...)
I'm trying a new pizza version tonight... Pan Pizza. The author, J. Kenji Lopez-Alt has developed some of my all time favorite recipes over the years, so I'm really looking forward to trying this, too. I mixed up the dough before I left for work, and it's (hopefully) happily fermenting on my kitchen counter.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 1/25/13?? by karyn (I'm trying a new piz...)
Picking up a rotissiere chicken and will make the tacos/burritos I thought I was going to make last night.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 1/25/13?? by Trixxee (Picking up a rotissi...)
My goodness, the Mongolian Flank Steak with Noodle Salad in the C@H Grilling book (with the other half sandwiches) is really tasty!!

[Image: Jan24MongolianFlankSteakwNoodleSalad.jpg]

Made just like the recipe except for adding some veggies I had that needed to be used (water chestnuts, broccoli and pine nuts in place of the cashews) - the marinade is super!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 1/25/13?? by cjs (My goodness, the Mon...)
I made chicken tetrazzini from the book "Restaurants of New Orleans" a favorite that we only have about once a year, and roasted brussel sprouts to go with.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 1/25/13?? by cjs (My goodness, the Mon...)
Jean that looks just flat out delicious! Excellent plating and photo.

Tonight it's BLT burgers with French fries.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 1/25/13?? by losblanos1 (Jean that looks just...)
thanks - you mean I made something you and Trixxee haven't yet??????????????????? Wow.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 1/25/13?? by losblanos1 (Jean that looks just...)
Jean, that does look wonderful. I'm going to have to check out the recipe when I get home.