Roxanne!!
  Re: (...)
Roxanne!! What did you do?!! What a lovely calendar!! Hey All - Roxanne sent me a beautiful recipe calendar with pics of South African landscapes. Absolutely gorgeous pics and some really interesting recipes!! Although I doubt Whole Foods will be carrying springbok shanks soon, I see a few possibilities - Fruit Chutney, Sweetcorn soup, Provolone, Olive, Ham, and Garlic Rolled Filet to name a few.

What are sultanas? And I'm guessing snoek is some kind of fish? And to expect a package soon??? You didn't have to do this you know, but I absolutely adore the calendar!! Thank you!!

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Roxanne!! by BarbaraS (Roxanne!! What did ...)
Awwwwwww! How sweet!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Roxanne!! by Gourmet_Mom (Awwwwwww! How sweet...)
Barbara,

Sultanas are golden raisins.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Roxanne!! by labradors (Barbara,[br][br]Sult...)
All right!!

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: Roxanne!! by BarbaraS (All right!![br][br]B...)
Our Roxanne is a class act, but so are you, Barbara!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Roxanne!! by cjs (Our Roxanne is a cla...)
Awww - very thoughtful!
  Re: Re: Roxanne!! by Trixxee (Awww - very thoughtf...)
OMG!!! Today I just received a package from Roxanne!! I was definitely not expecting this!! Some really interesting items from a whole other part of the world! And here, I thought I could really wrap up a package!! This one was wrapped within an inch of its life! Everything arrived intact!

Here's what Roxanne sent me:

Plain Pappadums - traditional Indian lentil crackers. Can't say I've ever even heard of these!
Real Chicken Stock - can't wait to pour one of the packets over a chicken before I roast it!
Peach Chutney - I see a pork tenderloin in our future! And something to eat along with the pappadums!
Basil Paste! Pesto time!!
Pink, White, and Black peppercorns in their own grinder! Love the pepper!!
Hanepoot Grape, Plum, and Apricot jams! Okay, what's Hanepoot Grape?
A Jungle energy bar - berries and roasted oats dipped in white chocolate. Yum!
Two Nomu rubs - an Italian rub that can be used dry or mixed with Olive Oil for a wet rub and a One-For-All rub that I'm definitely going to use the next time I roast some root veggies.
A lovely bottle of Morgenster Extra Virgin Olive Oil - to use with the rubs!!
Two packages of biscotti - Hazelnut with a cranberry and almond nougat bar (nougat - YUM!) and a package of Capuccino biscotti with a macadamia nut nougat bar (YUM YUM!)

Roxanne! This is just too much!! Thank you so very much!! Wow!!

Barbara
  Re: Re: Roxanne!! by BarbaraS (OMG!!! Today I just...)
WOW! What a haul! Way to go Roxanne! NICE!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Roxanne!! by Gourmet_Mom (WOW! What a haul! ...)
AWWWW SHUCKS! Barbara, not necessary to thank me again. I know what a nightmare it is to send packages overseas and so I thought I would attempt to return the special consideration and thoughtfulness to my "SECRET SANTA". I hope you enjoy your goodies...

Snoek is fish, sultanas are used in many recipes in the Malay tradition.
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: Roxanne!! by Roxanne 21 (AWWWW SHUCKS! Ba...)
WOW, JUST WOW!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com