Monday, 1/28/13 Dinner??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

today is Nat'l. Blueberry Pancake day

One of our neighbors who also loves catfish suggested a nearby lodge where 'whole' catfish are on the menu - exactly what I've been searching for. So, we're off to Pine Tree Lodge for dinner. And we have some Buffalo chix poppers leftover over for a snack later, if needed.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Monday, 1/28/13 Dinner?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Tonight we are going to have pizza...

I tried a frozen pizza dough yesterday by Rhodes and we thought it was just eh. Not very good. We tried it against a neapolitan dough and that was terrific!

I also tried tossing, and I liked that a lot. I am not very good so it wasn't 'pretty' so I will keep practicing. But I watched a video on how and why to toss, and it made sense. My rolled dough looked much better.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: Monday, 1/28/13 Dinner?? by luvnit (Tonight we are going...)
And, another pizza monster is born!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Monday, 1/28/13 Dinner?? by cjs (And, another pizza m...)
Quote:

And, another pizza monster is born!

Which reminds me of your roasted garlic in oil... I really, really want to do that. How do you do that? Temp?... cut the tops off the bulbs... pour olive oil over... Roast for about how long?

I bet it smells really good.
Laura
  Re: Re: Monday, 1/28/13 Dinner?? by luvnit ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Do you have Black Beans & Corn?? page 216

Do you have Pizza, Pizza, Pizza!! page 132

Shoot, just realized today is really Monday - the restaurant is closed on Monday. So, back to the drawing board......
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Monday, 1/28/13 Dinner?? by cjs (Do you have Black Be...)
I have them both! Thanks. I should have looked first myself.
Laura
  Re: Re: Monday, 1/28/13 Dinner?? by luvnit (I have them both! Th...)
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Monday, 1/28/13 Dinner?? by cjs ([img]/ubbthreads/ima...)
Easy peasy - leftover turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffing, corn. Michael will have turkey and he wants yellow rice.
  Re: Re: Monday, 1/28/13 Dinner?? by Trixxee (Easy peasy - leftove...)
The recipe is called Chicken Brie. It's done in a clay cooker with mushrooms so looking forward to it.
  Re: Re: Monday, 1/28/13 Dinner?? by DFen911 (The recipe is called...)
Caribbean chicken thighs, red beans and rice. The seasoning I'm using is one that I brought home from vacation last year and need to use it before it's outdated. It's in a foil packet and is a mix of garlic, onion, unspecified herbs, spices, and vinegar. In Barbados, they use it to season everything.

So, I rubbed it all over the chicken last night and sealed it all up in a foodsaver bag to marinate overnight. If it's not raining when Ron gets home, it will go on the charcoal grill.

Also making pizzelle today. The kiddies feel deprived.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."