What's for Dinner, Wed., 1/30/13??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

and, today is Nat'l. Croissant Day. Yesterday, we missed Nat'l. Corn Chip day - darn.

Travel day and I'm so excited to finially be going to Louisianna!!! We'll be staying in Livingston, but about 12 miles away is Denham Springs (our last name for those who don't know), so naturally we have to explore around there.

We'll be having #8 on the '50 Nachos Toppings' list - chicken mixed with BBQ sauce, cheddar and green onions. I'm sure some jalapenos will find their way on, too.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 1/30/13?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
How many miles have you put on the "rig" so far Jean? I'm embarrassed to say that in seven years we've put on less than 1,000 miles. We're saving up the mileage for when Tony is retired and it's too old to take on the open road. LOL.

It must be at least 6 days since we've had any chicken so tonight it's orange-rosemary chicken from the smart carb book. If you guys haven't made this, you should. Blane - you would like it. Butter lettuce salad and a baked potato.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 1/30/13?? by Trixxee (How many miles have ...)
We went to the Asian grocery store yesterday and got baby Bok Choy, about two inches long. So, it's 5 Spice Chicken, grilled Bok Choy with his Sesame Dressing, probably Jasmine Rice, and a salad.
Jean, I've always wanted to go to Louisiana!
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 1/30/13?? by Lorraine (We went to the Asian...)
Jean, if you are going that far, I hope you are going to New Orleans!!!

I have a turkey roasting in the oven for dinner. We like to roast one every few months, then food saver in one pound portions to use for sandwiches, soup, turkey salad, etc. Also made crockpot stuffing and we will have homemade gravy to go over mashed potatoes. Haven't decided on the veggie yet, but it may be green beans.

By this evening, the turkey frame will be broken down and cooking in a pot for stock. Sure glad I bought the extra turkey when they were cheap.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 1/30/13?? by Mare749 (Jean, if you are goi...)
We're trying a new pasta dish tonight... Creamy Tomato Chicken Pasta. Considering the storms around here right now, comfort food sounds like a great idea!
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 1/30/13?? by karyn (We're trying a new p...)
Stay safe Karyn.

We are having leftovers. Too many goodies. . . to bother making anything else.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 1/30/13?? by Harborwitch (Stay safe Karyn.[br]...)
Thanks, Sharon! We were very blessed. There was a tornado north of here, but we only had a lot of debris in the roads.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 1/30/13?? by karyn (Thanks, Sharon! We w...)
"There was a tornado north of here, but we only had a lot of debris in the roads."

Uhhhhh, that's what's going on in your neighborhood????????????????
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com