Cuisine at Home 2012 Index out.
  Re: (...)
I just noticed the the Comprehensive index that includes 2012 is finally posted. it can be found here . It can be printed or downloaded as a pdf. The pdf can be added to the pdf files in iTunes for those with an iPhone or iPad. Enjoy.
  Re: Cuisine at Home 2012 Index out. by Cubangirl (I just noticed the t...)
Well, here we go again, trying to get Jean into the 'mechanized' world...

I BOUGHT AN iPAD YESTERDAY!! (thanks for the help, Denise!)

When we get back to Sutherlin, I hope she can help me load the C@H program on it plus now, this index.

I'm having fun with it so far and I've managed to load some of our travel sites on it (Rand-McNally, Passport America, Good Sam, etc.). This is the reason I finally got it, want to be able to check things out from the truck while we're traveling.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Cuisine at Home 2012 Index out. by cjs (Well, here we go aga...)
Jean if you got the archive dvd, you can load that and the index and take it without and have all the C&H recipes with you. Also when you get settled, you can very easily transfer any or all the recipes you have in your Living Cookbook as well. You'll love the iPad.
  Re: Re: Cuisine at Home 2012 Index out. by Cubangirl (Jean if you got the ...)
Has Living Cookbook finally come out with an iPad version? That's what I've been waiting for!

WOW, Jean! You've really jumped into the digital world with both feet! I'm impressed!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Cuisine at Home 2012 Index out. by Gourmet_Mom (Has Living Cookbook ...)
Yeah, well, I'm scared..,.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Cuisine at Home 2012 Index out. by cjs (Yeah, well, I'm scar...)
Girl I will hook you up! way to go. And welcome to the iPad
  Re: Re: Cuisine at Home 2012 Index out. by Gourmet_Mom (Has Living Cookbook ...)
No, but I found a program that works really well. It is called Hot Pot . Beautiful rendition of recipe images and some very nice features including 2 timers, voice capability, edit within the program and can send shopping list from program to iPhone app. You export the recipes from LC via fdx and then connect iPad to iTunes, add the fdx file in the app section and sync. In the program you choose import from file and all your recipes appear formatted exactly as in LC including images. It has a nice search function.

The developers are nice and receptive to suggestions for improvement, and are working on being able to use fdxz instead of fdx. Responded to my questions really fast. I think it is a great value for $3.99.
  Re: Cuisine at Home 2012 Index out. by Cubangirl (I just noticed the t...)
Funny. I just logged in to this forum to find out if there was an index available anywhere, and I'm really glad to have come across your post. As a longtime subscriber, I have seen annual indexes included with the year-end issue of the magazine and I have been sent two comprehensive indexes, but those ended back in 2007 or so. I had taken to creating my own indexes, so it's nice to see one online.

Has this been a closely guarded secret or has Cuisine at home sent out notices of the availability of these indexes? (I also subscribe to another cooking magazine that is VERY computer-friendly, and it would be nice to see CaH evolve to the twenty-first century...)
  Re: Re: Cuisine at Home 2012 Index out. by TheOtherJim (Funny. I just logged...)
Hello TheOtherJim,

What is the other cooking magazine that you subscribe to. Just curious. Unless you are not allowed to mention other magazines on this forum.
  Re: Re: Cuisine at Home 2012 Index out. by cjs (Well, here we go aga...)
Wonders never cease---I bought an Ipad last week!!!
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".