The Ridiculous & The Sublime
  Re: (...)
These two recipes are quite the 'combination'

del Piero Mushroom Comfort (but had to use Jack Daniels instead of So. Comfort) Daphne, I know William is crazy about mushrooms and is this ever the dish for him!! Roy just had a fit over it. (yes, that's a couple slices of summer truffles on top. )
[Image: Feb4delPieroMushroomComfort2_zps6c8de850.jpg]

I'm thinking this would be wonderful over grits, pasta, risotto, etc. will try one of these next time for him.

Then the ridiculous - the Toffee Cheese Puffs I posted a week or so ago....Good Lord are these devils addictive!!!
[Image: Feb4ToffeeCheesePuffs2_zpsa1488652.jpg]

I just made 1/4 of the recipe, thank heavens!!! I also added a pinch of cayenne to the mix and you get that wonderful spicy, sweet, hot flavor.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: The Ridiculous & The Sublime by cjs (These two recipes ar...)
Interesting combination of stuff....
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: The Ridiculous & The Sublime by cjs (These two recipes ar...)
The mushroom dish looks fabulous! Did you post the recipe somewhere? I just happen to have 1/2 case of mushrooms.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: The Ridiculous & The Sublime by Lorraine (The mushroom dish lo...)
Here you go, Lorraine -
Del Piero Mushroom Comfort
Queen Creek Olive Mill, Arizona
This can be served warm as a side or cold as a salad. Great with steak or on top of sliced toasted baguette.

1 lb. mushrooms, sliced
4 T. extra virgin olive oil
1 oz. Southern Comfort (I had Jack Daniels)
1/8 cup soy sauce
1 T. rosemary, chopped
2 T. chopped garlic
1/4 cup chopped onion

Sauté onion and mushrooms in olive oil 5 min.; add remaining ingred. and sauté 5 min. more. Wine? An earthy Zin (yes, 7 Deadly Zins was great with this)
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: The Ridiculous & The Sublime by cjs (Here you go, Lorrain...)
Thank you, Ms Jean!
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: The Ridiculous & The Sublime by Lorraine (Thank you, Ms Jean! ...)
Thanks for the mushroom recipe, Jean. I'll be making that one! As for the toffee cheese puffs....sorry, can't wrap my brain around that one and I love cheese puffs!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: The Ridiculous & The Sublime by Mare749 (Thanks for the mushr...)
I'm going to have to agree with Maryann on both counts....Thanks, and I'm not sure about that one.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.