What's for Dinner Wed., 2/7/13??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for today??

Tomorrow is Fettuccine Alfredo day - darn, wish I didn't have so many l/os.

Leftovers - gumbo? oysters? flatbread? Crawfish cream sauce? grilled Amberjack? Oh my..........
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Dinner Wed., 2/7/13?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
McDonald's....

THANKS for all of your good wishes...it helped!! The surgeon lanced the culprit and tons of garbage oozed out with whatever the foreign body was. Instant relief!! Anyway, wrapped up and not to get wet or overuse for the next 24-36 hours (breaks my heart---). Peter is kitchen detail and that will be dinner.
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner Wed., 2/7/13?? by Roxanne 21 (McDonald's....[br][b...)
I'm so glad that your hand is healing and feeling better, Roxanne!

I'm split on what I want to do for dinner...we have a lot of tasty leftovers, but I'm in the mood for a stir-fry. I guess it depends on how I feel when I get home.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner Wed., 2/7/13?? by karyn (I'm so glad that you...)
Glad you are feeling better, Roxanne.

This morning I am making Jean's recipe for creole Sauce that will go on one of our favorite pizzas, "Creole Seafood and Sausage Pizza."
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner Wed., 2/7/13?? by Mare749 (Glad you are feeling...)
Jalapeno Popper Mac & Cheese stuffed Chiles Rellenos with a ranchero sauce. Hominy and black beans, and a salad. Freezer diving!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner Wed., 2/7/13?? by Harborwitch (Jalapeno Popper Mac ...)
Great news Roxanne!

No clue for dinner yet, thinking something with a pork tenderloin
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner Wed., 2/7/13?? by DFen911 (Great news Roxanne![...)
Glad you are on the mend Roxanne! Last spring I thought I was going to have to have something similar done (I think I stepped on a piece of coral in Hawaii) and the ball of my foot was sore for a really long time (apparently not sore enough to go to the doctor though)! It finally went away.

Denise - have you ever made the japanse pork cutlet recipe? It's fantastic. Here's a thread with a "Blane" picture in it.

http://www.forums.cuisineathome.com/ubbt...161&page=2

Tony is in Austin, TX today so I think Michael and I are just going to have some Lipton noodle soup and texas toast (also a salad for me).
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner Wed., 2/7/13?? by Roxanne 21 (McDonald's....[br][b...)
Roxanne,

Glad everything's okay and you're on the mend.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner Wed., 2/7/13?? by BarbaraS (Roxanne,[br][br]Glad...)
Here is a photo of Jean's Creole Seafood and Sausage Pizza. I used 18 hour dough for the crust and it worked out great! Not too bready and very crispy on the outside. Excellent!

[Image: February2013005_zps295991c0.jpg]
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner Wed., 2/7/13?? by BarbaraS (Roxanne,[br][br]Glad...)
Win-win for you today Roxanne, glad you're better.

Denise, Trixxee's right, those pork cutlets are delicious.

Tonight it's gonna be Chicken burgers with basil mayonnaise from one of the grilling cookbooks, it's another favorite of mine.

Edited to add: Dang Maryann, that looks sooo delicious! I've changed Fridays dinner to pizza. Thanks!