What's for Dinner, T.G.I.F. 2/8/13??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today?

Tourist trap and grazing day for us. Looking forward to probably ordering a lot of side dishes - boiled peanuts, hush puppies (compare them to my LA recipe), fried okra, greens.

I found this in the brochure for the Tybee Mardi Gras -

Hurricane
1/2 cup ice
2 oz. light rum
2 oz. passion fruit flavored syrup
1 cup lemon-lime soda
1 oz. lime juice
1 oz. 151 proof rum

In a shaker, combine ice, light rum, passion fruit syrup, lemon-lime soda and lime juice. Shake well and pour mixture into a Hurrican or other large specialty glass. Float the 151 proof rum on top of the drink.

Speaking of booze, there's a sports bar here, Tybee Time, that offers those yummy daiquiri machines - so, yes, we're headed there also.

And, I'm sure getting another Chocolate Daiquiri.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Dinner, T.G.I.F. 2/8/13?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Jean, you both are having so much fun, and that is what life is all about!

Tonight we are having some Chicken Tagine with Green Olives and Preserved Lemons. I just have to cook in my new Quince pot! This afternoon I will preserve the lemons.

Maggie is still home sick, so this is a good excuse to play hookey and do some cooking

Maybe I will make some scalliion pancakes too!

I found these lovely little Meyer Lemons at the store today. Eight of them for 1.98. Not too bad.

[Image: 6f71b111-cf99-4c20-8695-f5ea9c3286e1.jpg]
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, T.G.I.F. 2/8/13?? by luvnit (Jean, you both are h...)
Last night of being a widow and I think I will make another toasted horseradish cheddar and roast beef sandwich. Really good combo.
  Re: What's for Dinner, T.G.I.F. 2/8/13?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
I had my first Hurricane in New Orleans at Pat O'brians on my high school Sr. trip---Delicious, and got to keep the glass!!! (legal drinking age in NO in 1961 was 18)
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, T.G.I.F. 2/8/13?? by Old Bay (I had my first Hurri...)
I'm having one today or tomorrow, that's for sure.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, T.G.I.F. 2/8/13?? by cjs (I'm having one today...)
I had my first Hurricane in Hawaii when I was 18 years old! Drinking age was also 18 back then. Thank goodness two of the three of us girls who went had boyfriends at home or god only knows what kind of trouble we could have stirred up.

Enjoy it Jean!
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, T.G.I.F. 2/8/13?? by Trixxee (I had my first Hurri...)
Not sure, may go the Dam Lounge for a beer and burger and some live music. Tomorrow night is the chocolate and wine festival, and the day is the gun and knife show love this place! Haha
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, T.G.I.F. 2/8/13?? by DFen911 (Not sure, may go the...)
Boys have a meet this afternoon and Steph has one tomorrow. I have to do hair when we get home after the boys meet. So putting the makings for Philly Cheese Pot Roast sandwiches in the slow cooker before we leave.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, T.G.I.F. 2/8/13?? by esgunn (Boys have a meet thi...)
Oh boy, beware of those hurricanes, Jean. There is no telling what you might find yourself doing after a few...

If you decide to take 95 down through Florida and find yourself anywhere near St. Augustine, be sure to stop at the Casa Monica hotel for lunch. It's lovely.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, T.G.I.F. 2/8/13?? by Mare749 (Oh boy, beware of th...)
Hurricanes are delicious! I'll have to try that recipe, Jean. I've never found one that came anywhere near the ones we loved in New Orleans.

I think tonight we're going to try these Steak Egg Rolls with Horseradish Cheddar Sauce. I had some leftover steak and leftover smoked beef that I wanted to use up, so I made the egg rolls a few days ago and stuck them in the freezer. I just have to make the sauce for an easy dinner.