Denise/Karyn & Bike Riders
  Re: (...)
Thought this might be a book for you all -

Two-Up: Navigating a Relationship 1,000 Miles at a Time
by Lynda Lahman
Still free? Click Here to find out!
A thousand miles in under twenty-four hours? In a plane, sure. A car, maybe. On a motorcycle? That’s crazy. But that’s what it takes to earn membership in the Iron Butt Association, the world’s foremost organization for long-distance motorcycle riders. For these elite riders thousand-mile days in the saddle are so routine that for fun they turn them into cross-country scavenger hunts, awarding points for bonus locations along the way. The biggest of them all is the eleven-day Iron Butt Rally.
When Lynda asked Terry to take her for a ride on his motorcycle on their third date, she knew his passion was long distance riding. What she didn’t know was that within a few short months they would be navigating the complexities of falling in love, blending families and building a life together.
Becoming partners both on and off the bike, they found themselves charting a course through intense heat, bitter cold, exhaustion, disappointment, and exhilaration in the world of competitive riding, culminating in their entry into “The World’s Toughest Motorcycle Competition.”
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Denise/Karyn & Bike Riders by cjs (Thought this might b...)
Lol Derek and I are a member of that "club" but now we set a limit on riding distance. I can't relieve him when he gets tired. So we only do about 500 at a time now (that's about 8 hours in the saddle).

Such an interesting experience doing a trip on a bike vs a car.
  Re: Re: Denise/Karyn & Bike Riders by DFen911 (Lol Derek and I are ...)
We've never ridden 1,000 in one day, but 500 miles isn't too uncommon....
That looks like a great book, Jean. Thanks for sharing!
  Re: Re: Denise/Karyn & Bike Riders by karyn (We've never ridden 1...)
Thought of you two immediately!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Denise/Karyn & Bike Riders by DFen911 (Lol Derek and I are ...)
Quote:

Lol Derek and I are a member of that "club" but now we set a limit on riding distance. I can't relieve him when he gets tired. So we only do about 500 at a time now (that's about 8 hours in the saddle).

Such an interesting experience doing a trip on a bike vs a car.

I'm a wuz-- 500 in a car is my goal!!
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".