Slightly OT - Drawer Slides
  Re: (...)
Hey All,

Last weekend while I had to go to work both days, Hubby did a great thing for me. When we remodeled and expanded the 1923 kitchen and house we bought we had a $15,000 budget for the kitchen, but splurged on custom-made wood cabinets that took up half our budget. No regrets.

To the right of the 1923 Quality gas stove (I wanted to keep that baby!) we had cabinets under-the-counter with slide-out drawers that were/are heaven. Didn’t do the same to the left and that’s where I store my baking cookware and leftover put-away containers. What a PITA to look for anything!

So Hubby was looking online for drawer slide inserts and found these at The Container Store:

http://www.containerstore.com/shop?produ...Ntt=simplehuman

We bought the largest size for our drawers and he offset the installation of the runners to favor the opening side of the cabinet. They’re beautiful and shiny chrome and fit in well with the wood color – medium-light oak stain.

So it you’re looking for sliding shelve inserts, look for Simple Human inserts and they warranty their slides for 5 years!

I’m in heaven!

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Slightly OT - Drawer Slides by BarbaraS (Hey All,[br][br]Last...)
Barbara!

That is awesome! What an attractive looking pull out! You should show us some pics of your kitchen!
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: Slightly OT - Drawer Slides by luvnit (Barbara![br][br]That...)
I agree on the pics to get a perspective! But cool drawers.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Slightly OT - Drawer Slides by Gourmet_Mom (I agree on the pics ...)
Barbara, I'm assuming they are full-extension drawers/shelves?? Love them and Roy has been using them for our remodels for years. No more dark/can't reach shelves. We even have them in the trailer.

And, yes to pictures!!!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Slightly OT - Drawer Slides by cjs (Barbara, I'm assumin...)
Yes Jean, they slide out completely! I wish I could post pics, but I don't have an account to any pic hosting site.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: Slightly OT - Drawer Slides by BarbaraS (Yes Jean, they slide...)
Those look very handy, Barbara.
  Re: Re: Slightly OT - Drawer Slides by Trixxee (Those look very hand...)
We have a similar product in our kitchen drawers----remodeled about 12 years ago and just LOVE these drawers Everything is readily available without having to go on a major hunt for something that is not used very often.

PICS, please!!!!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Slightly OT - Drawer Slides by BarbaraS (Hey All,[br][br]Last...)
So I FINALLY got to put all my stuff back into the new drawer slides (looooong story). And guess what? I had discovered four mini tart pans I forgot I had! I have the 12" one, but completely forgot about the minis! Woohoo!

Making a new post for your fave tarts!

Barbara
  Re: Re: Slightly OT - Drawer Slides by BarbaraS (So I FINALLY got to ...)
Like Christmas, cleaning out drawers,huh, Barbara???
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com