Domino's Pizza!!!!!!
  Re: (...)
I am making the Domino's Pizza clone recipe for Friday night. My kids really love their pizza and think it is just awesome. My and hubby think it is just okay. But homemade, it could be even better!!! The new crust change they did about a year go had made them tolerable again. Actually, more than just tolerable, better than frozen pizza.

I am using the clone recipe that Jean posted awhile back. So far I have started it the dough and I am really impressed. The dough just 'feels' good. Ya know? It has a wonderful, smooth texture to it.

I will take pictures of them when we are done on Friday, but I am getting very excited!

I will post the recipe again for anyone who wants it. I think Jean has a couple of notes at the end. Maybe Jean will pop in here and give an overall review!
Domino's Large Cheese Pizza - Todd Wilbur's version
Dough:
16 ounces bottled water (room temperature)
3 tablespoons granulated sugar
1 teaspoon yeast (not rapid-rise yeast)
13 ounces bread flour About 5.58 (5 ½) cups total of flour
12 ounces high-gluten flour (such as Bouncer)
2 teaspoons salt
3 tablespoons vegetable oil

Dissolve sugar and yeast in water. Combine flours and salt in a mixer using a paddle.

When yeast solution begins to foam, pour into flour along with oil. Use a dough hook to mix until all ingredients come together. Knead with dough hook for 5 minutes. Place dough in a plastic bag and then into your refrigerator for two days.
----------
1 cup cornmeal for tossing dough

When you are ready to make pizza, preheat a convection oven to 450 degrees (or conventional oven to 475 degrees).

Divide the dough in half. Form half of the dough into a dough ball on a lightly floured surface. Sprinkle cornmeal on a clean flat surface and begin to stretch out the dough using your hands until you have stretched it enough to fit on a 14-inch pizza screen. Lay the dough onto the screen, and stretch it to form a perfect circle to the edge of the screen.

Sauce
1/2 cup canned crushed tomatoes
2 1/2 cups Hunt's or Contadina tomato puree
4 teaspoons granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vegetable oil
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon ground oregano
1/4 teaspoon dried basil
1/4 teaspoon dried marjoram
1/8 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper

Make the sauce by pureeing the crushed tomatoes in a blender until smooth, then combine all ingredients in a small saucepan over medium heat, when mixture begins to bubble reduce heat to low and simmer, covered, for 1 hour, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and cool, then chill in a covered container until you make your pizza.

6 cups shredded mozzarella-provolone cheese blend ( My note: Use 3 to 1 - Mozz to Provolone, for each pizza 9 oz. Mozz/3 oz. Provolone)

Spoon a thin layer of sauce over the pizza dough leaving about a 1-inch margin at the edge.

Sprinkle about 3 cups of the shredded cheese blend over the sauce. Don't worry if some falls onto the edge of the dough.

Bake pizza for 8 to 9 minutes or until cheese and crust begins to brown.

Garlic Oil Spread (for crust)
1/2 cup (1 stick) margarine
1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 teaspoon dried parsley (crushed)
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/8 teaspoon salt

While the pizza bakes, make the garlic oil spread by melting margarine in microwave oven or in a small saucepan over low heat. Use a mortar and pestle (or your fingers and a small bowl) to crush the dried parsley into smaller bits. Remove melted margarine from the heat and add Parmesan cheese, parsley, garlic and salt.

When pizza is done, remove it from the oven and brush crust with garlic oil spread. Use a pizza wheel to cut pizza into 8 slices. Repeat process for 2nd large pizza.

Makes 2 large pizzas.

Description:
"Makes 2 14-inch pizzas."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Wilbur's NOTES : To create a dough that is most like the stuff you get at Domnino's you should let it rise for 48 hours in your refrigerator. If you don't want to wait that long, at least let the dough rise overnight. If you can't find high-gluten flour, use 25 ounces of bread flour. And if you want the absolute best clone bake the pizza on a 14-inch perforated pan or pizza screen. This recipe makes two plain cheese pizzas, but feel free to add the toppings of your choice before baking.

-------

I do not have "bouncer" so used 25 oz. of King Arthur hi-gluten flour. I'm also using butter, no margarine.

Other than that, I'm following the recipe as written - we don't eat Domino's pizza, (at least for a hundred years, so don't know what flavors we're looking for, but we'll know if we like this anyway.

Might get a Domino's on the road to taste compare.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Domino's Pizza!!!!!! by luvnit (I am making the Domi...)
I loved this whole recipe!!! Dough, sauce and all! We bought a Dominos to compare and really liked the homemade even more.

Ooooops, completely missed this typo - sorry.

"13 ounces bread flour About 5.58 (5 ½) cups total of flour"

should read 5.58 ounces (5 1/2) cups.....
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Domino's Pizza!!!!!! by cjs (I loved this whole r...)
Quote:

Ooooops, completely missed this typo - sorry.

"13 ounces bread flour About 5.58 (5 ½) cups total of flour"

should read 5.58 ounces (5 1/2) cups.....

No Jean, I wrote that just yesterday. In this recipe there is a total of 25 ounces of flour. I looked up online to to convert it to cups (I do not have a scale). It turned out to be 5.58 cups of flour. I also added the 5 1/2 for myself, because when I see 5.58 cups, my silly brain says 5 5/8 cups. So for the highly confused people like myself, I added 5 1/2.

So now that we are all thoroughly confused...
Laura
  Re: Re: Domino's Pizza!!!!!! by luvnit ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Should have known not to try to read this after the Hurricane.....................
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Domino's Pizza!!!!!! by cjs (Should have known no...)
The Homemade Domino's Pizza recipe was really, really, really good. I don't particularly like Domino's, but this was outstanding! [Image: IMG_20130215_183859.jpg]
Laura
  Re: Re: Domino's Pizza!!!!!! by luvnit (The Homemade Domino'...)
I'm so full but yet I want a bite of that pizza!
  Re: Re: Domino's Pizza!!!!!! by Trixxee (I'm so full but yet ...)
Looks delicious, Laura! I'm sold, we'll be trying it now.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Domino's Pizza!!!!!! by Mare749 (Looks delicious, Lau...)
YUM! What a good looking pizza! I'll be trying that!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Domino's Pizza!!!!!! by Gourmet_Mom (YUM! What a good lo...)
That looks really nice. Dominos is not bad these days for regular pizza, but yours looks so much more appetizing. I absolutely love their little garlic breads (even though I don't like fat pizza dough, go figure).

Now how about you wonderful pizza makers come up with a clone for Round Table's skinny pizza crust. Yes one more weird thing for me. I don't like normal crusts, abhor Chicago and pan style. I don't care what the topping is, if the crust is fat they lost me.

Now that I've made pasta successfully, I want to try pizza again. I am not worried about toppings, have a ton of ideas for those, though weird again, my preference is Contadina Pizza sauce very lightly applied with lots of garlic added, loads of Mozzarella, good Parmesan and Asiago and crispy Pepperoni, Salami and Linguiça. TIA
  Re: Re: Domino's Pizza!!!!!! by Cubangirl (That looks really ni...)
Well, I guess I'd better try a Round Table pizza and see what's up with it. Sigh.....hard work, but someone has to....
www.achefsjourney.com