Grouper Throats ?? !!
  Re: (...)
I have two grouper throats marinating and I have been told 2 different ways to prepare them, so maybe I'll do one each way. If you've never seen them, which I hadn't - here they are.

[Image: Feb15Groupethroatstopside_zpsde1ffbc8.jpg]

[Image: Feb15GrouperThroats_zps39b9f3d9.jpg]

One method is to lightly bread them after skinning and deep/shallow fry. The fish monger said not to remove the fins with the skin, they fry up crispy and evidently are quite a treat.

The second method is to marinate them, not skin them, but break the middle bone so they lay flat (do the same if frying or cut in half), then grill skin side down. Will report on how good they are.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Grouper Throats ?? !! by cjs (I have two grouper t...)
They are HEAVENLY!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Grouper Throats ?? !! by Gourmet_Mom (They are HEAVENLY!...)
Good to know!! Thanks Daphne. Also, the Smoked mullet dip is really good, also!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Grouper Throats ?? !! by cjs (Good to know!! Thank...)
You can never find them here in fish markets. Most people don't know about them because the fishermen or suppliers keep them for themselves! LOL! It's an inside secret.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Grouper Throats ?? !! by Gourmet_Mom (You can never find t...)
Quote:

You can never find them here in fish markets. Most people don't know about them because the fishermen or suppliers keep them for themselves! LOL! It's an inside secret.

"The butchers cut" (Fish mongers)
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Grouper Throats ?? !! by Old Bay ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Oh I would try those in a heartbeat.