What's for Dinner, Thurs., 2/21/13??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

Ever since I had those wonderful Pimiento grits last week, I've been hungering for more, so maybe do something with grits and more of the smoked beef/bacon sausage. It's raining like mad, so this would be a good rib-sticking dinner.

Just had a thought, I haven't looked thru the C@H c.d. for a while, maybe there are some ideas for grits and go withs on it.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs., 2/21/13?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Probably leftover enchiladas....Peter loved them and asked for the remainder......YIPPEE!!!!! Easy night!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs., 2/21/13?? by Roxanne 21 (Probably leftover en...)
We're doing an Italian themed dinner at a local 55+ Retirement Community tonight. Three different pasta dishes, salad, breads, etc. I think we'll be eating leftover pasta when we get home.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs., 2/21/13?? by Lorraine (We're doing an Itali...)
Wow, what a leftover brunch we had this a.m. - with bloody marys. Roy had 6 Oyster Rockefellers left from Landry's restaurant, so I froze them. I also froze the Quick Prosciutto rolls that I made with Denise & Derek for New Year's.

Cleaning out the freezer -

[Image: Feb21OystersandFigjamtoppedProsciuttoRol...6840af.jpg]

[Image: Feb21OysterRockerfellertoppedQuickProsci...16f266.jpg]

Along with a little of the Black Mission Fig Jam in the fridge. Man, this was tasty.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs., 2/21/13?? by cjs (Wow, what a leftover...)
A variety of leftovers here, which is good. Eighth grade homework has been heavy this week (periodic table of elements, taking notes on 50 historical reformers, greek vocabulary words, book report on The Sign of the Beaver, RDF paragraphs and corrections just to name a few items).
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs., 2/21/13?? by Trixxee (A variety of leftove...)
Good Lord, Trixxee - what grade is Michael????
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs., 2/21/13?? by Trixxee (A variety of leftove...)
It sounds like you put in a lot of time doing homework, Trixxee, but it's sure nice to hear that there are parents willing to do it these days. My daughter doesn't see a lot of it.

Ron brought home some fresh Italian sausage from one of our favorite markets, so tonight will be "Roast Sausage with Onions, Pepper & Potatoes" from Jean's Share a Recipe Cookbook and Alina's Cuban bread. Yum.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs., 2/21/13?? by Mare749 (It sounds like you p...)
Oh, Maryann, I haven't made this dish forever!!
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs., 2/21/13?? by cjs (Oh, Maryann, I haven...)
He's in 8th. I swear, I remember doing a lot of the work he's doing in high school, not junior high.

I just feel like it's my job to help him keep up and to keep organized, especially since he works at a slower pace than many. At least he does retain what he's learning.

I had to laugh yesterday when he went to turn in his jog-a-thon pledges to this one teacher after school. He pulled out his much organized binder to get it and she said wow, you are so organized Michael! (With a wink she said she still helps her high schooler keep it all together too). I feel kind of bad for students who don't have any back up at home. Unfortunately I think there are many.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs., 2/21/13?? by Trixxee (He's in 8th. I swea...)
And that roasted sausage and vegetable dish sounds great! This is a "Jean" recipe?