What's for Dinner - Saturday 2/23?
  Re: (...)
I think Jean is out having way too much fun! We are having Noble Pig's Vietnamese beef with black pepper, green onions and lime over either jasmine rice or ramen noodles.

Edited:
Hmmm...dinner is turning out to be a grilled rib eye instead of stir fry. We both had a cocktail and now are looking for the simplest preparation.
  Re: What's for Dinner - Saturday 2/23? by Trixxee (I think Jean is out ...)
That sounds delicious, Trixxee! It may be in our future soon.

I'm making Chicken Parmesan...not sure what I'll do for sides.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner - Saturday 2/23? by karyn (That sounds deliciou...)
We have a dinner party to attend tonight. Not sure what they are serving. I'll let you know.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner - Saturday 2/23? by karyn (That sounds deliciou...)
Tonight my wife is making Ploughman's Roast Beef and I'm making the side, Apple-cheddar salad.
  Re: What's for Dinner - Saturday 2/23? by Trixxee (I think Jean is out ...)
Well, I was going to make Roasted Lobster Tails with a filet for him, stuffed clams for me and potato/sweet potato for the sides, but got called into work today and I'm exhausted. I hate when work screws with my weekend. So I'm doing Sunday's dinner tonight instead - much simpler - Chicken Cacciatore over angel hair pasta with a Caesar salad on the side. I've found a very nice sauce made by Victoria's that spares me the time!

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner - Saturday 2/23? by BarbaraS (Well, I was going to...)
Quote:

I've found a very nice sauce made by Victoria's that spares me the time!

Barbara

We had Victoria's White Linen Marinara the other day. It was not bad for non-homemade.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner - Saturday 2/23? by Trixxee ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
We just picked up some BBQ and we're having cocktails then we will partake with Tobin James and 7Deadly Zins !!!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner - Saturday 2/23? by cjs (We just picked up so...)
Dinner wasn't so bad....baked ham, box potatoes, green beans, and glazed carrots. The table was exquisitely set. The big surprise was the bread and salad...an Asian Spinach Salad with a Sweet and Sour Dressing and Cuban Bread! This bread was outstanding! It had a perfect thin crispy crumb and very tender inside! They buy it when they visit family regularly in Florida. It comes cooked and fresh frozen and is finished in a hot oven, still frozen. I put in an order for their next trip in a few weeks! Dessert was a really good Apple Sticky Bun or brownies with Butter Pecan Ice Cream.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner - Saturday 2/23? by losblanos1 (Tonight my wife is m...)
Quote:

Tonight my wife is making Ploughman's Roast Beef and I'm making the side, Apple-cheddar salad.

Would you mind sharing that recipe for roast beef and also for the sandwiches you posted on FB?

We had a fun night with the kids last night. We decided on Polish night this time. Our son-in-law, James, made the BEST cabbage and noodles! We also had two kinds of polish sausage, pierogis and nut roll. Very delicious, but a bit heavy.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner - Saturday 2/23? by Mare749 ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Quote:

the BEST cabbage and noodles

Would love to have that recipe if he will share.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.