What's for Dinner, Monday, 2/25/13??
  Re: (...)
Took forever to get on the forum this a.m.!!

what's on the menu for everyone today?

We're taking J & B out for lunch at Veritas in College Station.

http://www.veritaswineandbistro.com/

I'm so looking forward to this one because they offer sushi in addition to lots of other types of food, so Roy Richard will be a happy camper, also.

Then Jane is fixing her finale dinner to see us off in style Tuesday morning. What a food feast we have had here, as usual.

And, Jane & I reached a milestone in our relationship this trip....she 'allowed' me to help with her party prepping and I think it made it easier on her!! So, anyone visiting them, you can send me your thanks, because I broke the way for all of us to help out...to a certain point.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Dinner, Monday, 2/25/13?? by cjs (Took forever to get ...)
We were going to have leftover baked ziti but I think I will save that for tomorrow and instead make those jamaican jerk sandwiches with mango coleslaw.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Monday, 2/25/13?? by Trixxee (We were going to hav...)
That menu looks amazing, Jean. Did you go there last time you were visiting? The menu sounded familiar. Can't wait to see and hear more about this one.

Dinner tonight will not be anywhere near as exciting as what "the wanderers" are having, but will be easy. I took out a casserole from the freezer that has homemade classic cannelloni, one of my favorite pasta dishes from Cuisine. Also will have a tossed green salad to go with.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Monday, 2/25/13?? by Mare749 (That menu looks amaz...)
I love that canneloni recipe, time to dust it off and make again.

I'm making what Trixxee's making. I was going to make the Japanese fried chicken from the new issue, but that will have to wait until tomorrow.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Monday, 2/25/13?? by losblanos1 (I love that cannelon...)
We are having Southwest Beer Beef Stew w/ Jalapeno Cheese Grits!

Can't wait!
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Monday, 2/25/13?? by luvnit (We are having Southw...)
wow, Laura, that sounds delicious. Where is the recipe from?
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Monday, 2/25/13?? by chef_Tab (wow, Laura, that sou...)
What an awesome menu, Jean! I'm putting my bet on Roy getting one of the steaks done with the Blue Cheese Crust. Beef there is sooooooo much better than what we get around here! I'd be game for the OMAKASE SIX WAYS!

I'm making Clam Chowder and salad wedges with Blue Cheese and ciabatta.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Monday, 2/25/13?? by Gourmet_Mom (What an awesome menu...)
We had the Mongolian Stir-Fry from #46. It's an old favorite!
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Monday, 2/25/13?? by karyn (We had the Mongolian...)
We had a wonderful lunch at Veritas, but no, we had never been there before. Would love a repeat, tho.

Here are a couple of my favorites-

Our starter - what a great combination of flavors
[Image: Feb25VeritasStarter_zps453e477c.jpg]

Carrot Bisque - one of the best carrot soups I've tasted.
[Image: Feb25CarrotBisque_zpsf5f22e3b.jpg]

My Angus Sushi with Asparagus and Sweet Soy reduction - Running out of superlatives.....
[Image: Feb25MySushi_zps2b4ccb5c.jpg]

Not many places could top this dessert - Cheesecake Beignet
[Image: Feb25CheesecakeBeignet_zpsb088c9af.jpg]
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Monday, 2/25/13?? by cjs (We had a wonderful l...)
WOW that looks like an amazing lunch Jean. I couldn't have picked one thing from that amazing menu! I'd have had to do the Omaksae too.

Everyone's dinners sound so good. We had pulled pork sandwiches with Mr. Stubbs BBQ sauce. Left over 3 bean salad, french fries, and coleslaw. The 3 bean got even better!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!