What's for Tuesday Dinner, 2/26/13??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

We'll have leftovers (boy, do we have leftovers ) from Casa Miller. It's a travel day to Kerrville, TX.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Tuesday Dinner, 2/26/13?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Leftover sandwiches and slaw here too (though I do have to make more slaw as we ate all of it).
  Re: Re: What's for Tuesday Dinner, 2/26/13?? by Trixxee (Leftover sandwiches ...)
We're having a variation on the sandwich and slaw theme.... Chicken Burgers with Red Cabbage and Apple Slaw. I've never tried them before, but the ratings are good!
  Re: Re: What's for Tuesday Dinner, 2/26/13?? by karyn (We're having a varia...)
That sounds so good, Karyn. In fact, good enough to send me to the store. Please review, if you have a chance.

Went freezer diving for dinner tonight and came up with a package of roasted turkey and a container of gravy for hot turkey sandwiches. Ron will want mashed potatoes and frozen peas to go with it.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's for Tuesday Dinner, 2/26/13?? by Mare749 (That sounds so good,...)
Sounds good Karyn! I've made chicken patties before with apples and onions (a Cuisine recipe, but it was for breakfast, served with eggs). The combo of the sweet and savory goes well with the ground chicken.
  Re: Re: What's for Tuesday Dinner, 2/26/13?? by Trixxee (Sounds good Karyn! ...)
I am thinking something with chicken, C@H Picatta perhaps. I need to stop at the store on the way home from the Dr. today. Maybe I'll browse my new cookbooks for some "go withs".
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: What's for Tuesday Dinner, 2/26/13?? by Harborwitch (I am thinking someth...)
I know I will not want clam chowder three nights in a row, and I won't be cooking tomorrow night, so I'm saving that. That said, I'm making country style steak in gravy with mashers and peas.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Tuesday Dinner, 2/26/13?? by Gourmet_Mom (I know I will not wa...)
I seem to be following in Trixxee's footsteps lately, tonight we're having the Chipotle Chicken Burger with the chipotle-mustard sauce.
  Re: Re: What's for Tuesday Dinner, 2/26/13?? by losblanos1 (I seem to be followi...)
Jammed up Pork Chops again!

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: What's for Tuesday Dinner, 2/26/13?? by Mare749 (That sounds so good,...)
Quote:

That sounds so good, Karyn. In fact, good enough to send me to the store. Please review, if you have a chance.

Unfortunately, those burgers were the worst dish I've prepared in years. I followed the directions exactly, with no substitutions, and found the burgers, at best, edible. I think the mayonnaise in the burgers changes the taste and texture in a way that just doesn't work for me. The slaw was okay, but really could have used less mayo and a stronger acidic flavor. Needless to say, I'm not going to post the recipe!