Composting
  Re: (...)
Well ordered my compost drum today. Anyone else compost in a drum and have any tips or tricks? Very excited about this new venture seeing as I'm getting my garden ready to plant. I know my compost won't be ready this season but hopefully will get a jump for next season.

Forgot to post the picture -
[Image: 41fCUS-8WqL.jpg]
  Re: Composting by DFen911 (Well ordered my comp...)
Nice! Mine is a box-like structure (black plastic as well) but I have to dig into it to turn and aerate the "stuff". It'll be so much easier to keep it all mixed up by turning it-- these weren't available when I bought ours twenty years ago.
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com
  Re: Re: Composting by foodfiend (Nice! Mine is a box...)
I just sent DH links on do it yourself ones that turn. He's handy and we could save a lot of money if he makes one since they appear to be very simple. I agree that turning feature is worth it.
  Re: Re: Composting by Cubangirl (I just sent DH links...)
Look's like R2D2's cousin.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Composting by DFen911 (Well ordered my comp...)
FYI for those interested. Not sure how many states/counties do this. But ours has/had been selling and/or giving away compost bins for years.

It's worth googling your county to find out. I never got one because it was always in the spring and I always forgot about it. Now the program is over. But it is worth checking into.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: Composting by labradors (Look's like R2D2's c...)
Quote:

Look's like R2D2's cousin.

The "black sheep" of the family?!?!?
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com