T.G.I.F. What's For Dinner, 3/1/13
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today?

Sorry I'm late w this - I couldn't get on the Internet. So, I'm on the road w iPad - excuse spelling errors!

We're having leftovers from Roberto's Sausage dinner. Wow, I'd forgotten how good that dish is!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: T.G.I.F. What's For Dinner, 3/1/13 by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
I think I'm going to make the chicken satay recipe Blane posted for me the other day. Definitely grilling something as summer is here. 86 today.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. What's For Dinner, 3/1/13 by Trixxee (I think I'm going t...)
O.T. - Roy brought home a mango yesterday and you all were just talking about a chicken dish (?) w with a mango salsa. Remember off the top of your head which day it was?
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. What's For Dinner, 3/1/13 by cjs (O.T. - Roy brought ...)
Jean - yes it was the jamaican jerk pulled chicken sandwiches with a mango slaw. We thought it was fantastic.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. What's For Dinner, 3/1/13 by Trixxee (Jean - yes it was th...)
The recipe is in the dinner thread for Saturday 2/23.

We're having shrimp for dinner, but I have not decided what to do with them yet. Thinking maybe Bonefish Grill bang-bang shrimp...
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. What's For Dinner, 3/1/13 by Mare749 (The recipe is in the...)
Thanks Trixxee and Maryann - off to look for it!1
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. What's For Dinner, 3/1/13 by cjs (Thanks Trixxee and M...)
Found a gorgeous T-bone at the store, so that, a baked potato, and a salad are dinner.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. What's For Dinner, 3/1/13 by Gourmet_Mom (Found a gorgeous T-b...)
Well we had an unexpected layoff of 40 people today with 5 opting for voluntary retirement. My group was all spared, but there's rumors of more in April with this Sequestration going on.

I'm having a liquid dinner right now, but will switch to a Weggies Sesame Chicken dinner with great Chicken-filled Dumplings.

Oy! What a day!

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. What's For Dinner, 3/1/13 by BarbaraS (Well we had an unexp...)
We had shrimp with remoullade sauce which we didn't get around to with J & R. Then finished the evening with Saint Andre / stilton cheeses and fig compote/ grapes and crackers---7 Deadly Zins --OMG!!
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. What's For Dinner, 3/1/13 by BarbaraS (Well we had an unexp...)
Oh, Barbara! What a stressful day!! I'm so glad your group was all spared, but rumors will continue the stress for months, it sounds like. I'm so sorry.

We went out for cocktails and pizza with some friends. Friday night cocktails probably took precedence over the pizza.....