What's for Dinner, Mon., 3/4/13??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for today for everyone??

We're having pizza for brunch with bloody marys - probaly a sausage, since I decided I'd like to make an Asian Ramen soup with the leftover pork belly for later in the day.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Dinner, Mon., 3/4/13?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
We are having grilled reuben sandwiches.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Mon., 3/4/13?? by Trixxee (We are having grille...)
Quote:

We are having grilled reuben sandwiches.

I love Ruebens! I'll have to do them again soon. We're having a chicken and broccoli stir-fry.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Mon., 3/4/13?? by karyn ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
This is funny. Once again, almost the same meal as Trixxee.
I put a corned beef in the crockpot early this a.m. Later on, the liquid will be used to cook red potatoes, carrots and cabbage.(on the stove)

In the meantime, I'm working on a pot of chicken noodle soup to take to my mother-in-law. She came down with what appears to be the flu/terrible cold/maybe pneumonia, even though she got the flu shot.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Mon., 3/4/13?? by Mare749 (This is funny. Once ...)
Actually having corned beef or pastrami around me is a bad idea. Cannot get enough of it.

Maryann, I hope your MIL is ok. One of Michael's teachers had a cold then a sinus infection and then pneumonia. She was out for 6 weeks. She said she was so sick it was frightening.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Mon., 3/4/13?? by Trixxee (Actually having corn...)
We're having the Japanese Fried Chicken with the Vinegar Sushi Rice. I'm looking forward to this one!

Maryann, I hope your MIL gets better soon!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Mon., 3/4/13?? by Gourmet_Mom (We're having the Jap...)
OH Daphne, that sounds so good!!

Me too, hope all is well with your mom-in-law!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Mon., 3/4/13?? by Mare749 (This is funny. Once ...)
Oh Mare - I hope it's not the Flu and will go away soon!

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Mon., 3/4/13?? by BarbaraS (Oh Mare - I hope it'...)
Jean, it was incredible! A definite keeper! I reviewed it in the issue thread.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Mon., 3/4/13?? by Gourmet_Mom (Jean, it was incredi...)
Thanks everybody. My MIL got hit pretty hard this time, but I wish you all could have seen her face when I walked in with hot chicken noodle soup. You would think it was a pot of gold.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."