Gotta try this fruit and chicken salad
  Re: (...)
This yum-worthy recipe was on the back of a package of dates that I bought today. Going to give it a try Wednesday or Thursday.

[Image: palmspringsfruitsalad.jpg]

Palm Springs Fruit Salad
Makes 4 servings

Ingredients:
  • 1/2 cup Pitted dates, sliced
  • 4 Skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, cooked and cooled
  • 2 Large Oranges
  • 1 Pineapple
  • 2 Kiwi fruits
  • Mint sprigs to garnish
Instructions:
  1. Remove peel and seeds from oranges.
  2. Slice oranges into 1/4-inch-thick rounds.
  3. Peel and quarter the pineapple.
  4. Slice pineapple into 1/2-inch-thick slices.
  5. Peel the kiwi fruits.
  6. Slice the kiwi fruits into 1/4-inch-thick slices.
  7. Arrange oranges, kiwi and pineapple on 4 salad plates.
  8. Meanwhile, tear chicken into strips.
  9. Toss the chicken and the dates with the Orange Mint Yogurt Dressing (recipe below).
  10. Divide the mixture into 4 portions arranged evenly on each serving plate.
  11. Garnish with mint sprigs.
Orange Mint Yogurt Dressing

Ingredients:
  • 1 Cup Plain, low-fat yogurt
  • 2 Tbsp Honey
  • 2 Tsp Orange peel, grated
  • 1 1/2 Tsp Candied ginger, finely chopped
  • 1/8 Tsp Salt
  • 1 Dash Cayenne pepper
  • 1 1/2 Tsp Fresh mint
Instructions:
  • Whisk together all ingredients until well combined.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Gotta try this fruit and chicken salad by labradors (This yum-worthy reci...)
Wow Labs, that looks absolutely delish! And after redoing some cabinets with slide drawers, my Hubby found my Mom's Date Nut Bread recipe I thought I lost forever and need some dried dates for that.

They are talking about dried dates, right?

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Gotta try this fruit and chicken salad by labradors (This yum-worthy reci...)
All of that sounds delicious, Labs. A few strawberries added would be a nice touch too! (It's strawberry season here right now).
  Re: Re: Gotta try this fruit and chicken salad by Trixxee (All of that sounds d...)
@Barbara: Yes. In fact, the recipe was from the back of a 2 1/2-pound bag of Mariani dates.

@Trixxee: Strawberries would be good, too, and they are also available here, right now. Maybe I'll get some of those, as well.
  Re: Re: Gotta try this fruit and chicken salad by labradors (@Barbara: Yes. In fa...)
oh my, that does look good, labs.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Gotta try this fruit and chicken salad by cjs (oh my, that does loo...)
As soon as it warms up a bit, if it EVER warms up, I'll be making this. Thanks for posting, Labs.
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com
  Re: Re: Gotta try this fruit and chicken salad by foodfiend (As soon as it warms ...)
That does sound good, labs. Thanks!

This might not appeal to everyone's taste, but when I was a kid, my mom used to stuff dried dates with peanut butter. Since I grew up eating this, I love it, but can only eat one or two because the dates are so sweet.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Gotta try this fruit and chicken salad by Mare749 (That does sound good...)
The way I like p.butter, I'd probably like that also, Maryann.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Gotta try this fruit and chicken salad by Mare749 (That does sound good...)
Quote:

This might not appeal to everyone's taste, but when I was a kid, my mom used to stuff dried dates with peanut butter. Since I grew up eating this, I love it, but can only eat one or two because the dates are so sweet.

How about THIS, then, Maryann? It's one of the things I found while searching for date recipes last night.
  Re: Re: Gotta try this fruit and chicken salad by labradors ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Labs, I can't get to the page for some reason.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."