What's for dinner Wed., 3/6/2013?
  Re: (...)
Jean must be busy this morning, so I will start the dinner thread. What is on everyone's menu today for dinner?

We are having Pizza! Yes, again. But this time I have my homemade mozzarella and I made pizza dough with the leftover whey. The dough has been sitting for a day. Not sure what the toppings will be yet. We shall see about that.

Productive day yesterday!
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: What's for dinner Wed., 3/6/2013? by luvnit (Jean must be busy th...)
I'm leaning towards a romaine salad topped with chicken. I just found a recipe for warm shredded chicken salad topped with a mango chile salsa (this would have an asian flair) or since I have some buttermilk to use, maybe some kind southwestern buttermilk dressing over greens, chicken, avocado, etc.

Trying to nail it down.
  Re: Re: What's for dinner Wed., 3/6/2013? by Trixxee (I'm leaning towards ...)
Laura, that pizza will be spectacular. I love using whey in bread dough. What great flavor.

Undecided about dinner at the moment.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's for dinner Wed., 3/6/2013? by Mare749 (Laura, that pizza wi...)
Well, this is a beautiful RV park, nice folks, but the darn satellite Gods suck!! No phone either - this is ridiculous and we're scheduled here for 7 days!! Oh well, the weather is fantastic, so I'll just keep playing wheel of fortune on my iPand and drink.

Speaking of which - what are the games you all who have them like to play?? Is there a Jeopardy game, anyone know?

Dinner - playing with my Steak Dinner Pizza, but alas, no homemade mozz. I'm going to add some roasted brussels sprouts to it, otherwise I think it could be a little bland. who knows what we'll end up with.

I'm anxious to hear how you like you dinner, Trixxee - I still haven't used the mango...............
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for dinner Wed., 3/6/2013? by Mare749 (Laura, that pizza wi...)
Quote:

Laura, that pizza will be spectacular. I love using whey in bread dough. What great flavor.

Undecided about dinner at the moment.

'

I hope I like it because I have about a gallon of whey to use up
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: What's for dinner Wed., 3/6/2013? by luvnit ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Trixxee I think we're having similar dinners I am cooking up some chicken to shred and season with taco spices. So we're having taco salads.
  Re: Re: What's for dinner Wed., 3/6/2013? by cjs (Well, this is a beau...)
Jean - my friend Jane plays a lot of Scrabble on her iPad.

I am one of those obnoxious moods where I keep changing my mind on what to make (as if this is the last meal we're ever eating).

I have a feeling there will be a lot of homework tonight so I think I'm going to make something really easy. I'm taking wrap idea from the Quick and Easy Menu book and putting my own spin on it. Ingredients are deli-sliced roasted chicken, lettuce, and a spread made with goat cheese, apricot jam, lemon zest and toasted almonds on a toasted french roll. Sweet potato fries if Tony wants some.
  Re: Re: What's for dinner Wed., 3/6/2013? by Trixxee (Jean - my friend Jan...)
Didn't even think of scrabble - thanks
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for dinner Wed., 3/6/2013? by cjs (Didn't even think of...)
I'm going to make paninis with steak, blue cheese, and grilled onions. We'll have blue cheese coleslaw as a side.
  Re: Re: What's for dinner Wed., 3/6/2013? by karyn (I'm going to make pa...)
Jean, I like word games. The two I'm hooked on right now are What's the Word and 4 Pics 1 Word. The play exactly alike. You get four pics, empty boxes, and a bunch of letters. Decide what the four pictures have in common and use some of the letters to fill the boxes. Both are free.

We have church tonight, and they are serving dinner. I hope it's better than last month. UGH!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.