TGIF! What's on the menu folks?
  Re: (...)
Blane's burger looked so good the other night and I've been craving one ever since. Going this route:

http://cupcakesandeggplant.blogspot.com/...heese.html

I like the sound of the horseradish mustard. Coleslaw on the side.
  Re: TGIF! What's on the menu folks? by Trixxee (Blane's burger looke...)
Wow Trixxee, that sounds/looks really yummy. I would love to be on the deck grilling that tonight!

Not sure what we are having. It may be a popcorn night. I feel like relaxing.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: TGIF! What's on the menu folks? by luvnit (Wow Trixxee, that so...)
Good Lord, I'm not even hungry and that looks good!!!

Well, we are back in the communication world at long last!! what a fiasco the last couple of days have been! We're in Mesa for 5 days now and after 3 years we're going back to Cafe Bao for dinner. We went there before and had a wonderful lunch, so this time we'll try dinner.

As you can see, Roy was very pleased - I think I posted this pix at that time.

[Image: CIMG0236.jpg]

http://cafeboa.com/wordpress/

We were able to collect our mail and in the pkg. were 2 issues of [Email]C@H[/Email], so having fun looking thru them. And, what good timing for the Chicken Salad w/apricots & almonds. I worked with what I had, so won't review the recipe in the thread - I added/deleted too many items. but, I'll make it again with the same changes.

[Image: Mar8ChixSaladSandwich_zps4b8e8686.jpg]

Yesterday, to back up a little bit, the realtor that took us around the Maracopa area met us at her favorite little bar - Raceway Bar & Grill - a really fun little dive
http://www.racewaybarandgrill.com/

We had the best stuffed jalapenos with a shrimp wrapped around the pepper.
[Image: Mar7RacewayGrillJalapenowshrimp_zps6dce5581.jpg]
They were tasty!!

So, now I'm off to look at all that's been happening in the world since Sunday!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: TGIF! What's on the menu folks? by cjs (Good Lord, I'm not e...)
That burger sounds delicious, Trixxee, and Jean, you chicken salad sandwich looks gorgeous!

We just got to the lake. I'm having a glass of wine and John has his Corona. Lanier is only a few feet below full pool and looks better than it did all last year, so I'm happy.

I have absolutely no idea what we'll do for dinner. It'll be a toss-up between freezer diving and going out!
  Re: Re: TGIF! What's on the menu folks? by cjs (Good Lord, I'm not e...)
Wow Jean, they look good! Especially the wrapped jalapeno!

I stayed home today. Did not feel well when I got up. If I had continued and gone into work, I would've been home an hour later. Light-headed and racing heart. I think it was just a panic/anxiety attack from last Friday and all the meetings/events this week. We're officially "furloughed" the last week of March until the middle of June. For every 80-hour pay slot, we have to take off one day, no pay. Even had to sign a paper to the effect we won't check voice mail and email.

So the Hubby hit Bobby Chez's today and got me another Chicken Pot Pie. I asked for a small tin of creamed spinach (today's special) and he didn't read that so when he got home and I asked him where it was, he felt so bad, he went back out and got me one! What a sweetie!! Bobby doesn't make it that often and this is the first I've had it. Tasting pretty good even cold. But holey moley! So much in a "small tin"! Can I freeze this stuff?

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: TGIF! What's on the menu folks? by BarbaraS (Wow Jean, they look ...)
Barbara, so sorry you're dealing with that at work.. Eat ALL of the creamed spinach! What a nice husband you, have, too...

That shrimp-wrapped-stuffed-jalapeno looks awesome.

Tonight we're having chicken biryani. I made a curry earlier in the week that had the rice mixed in, rather served separately, and DH mentioned that I hadn't made the biryani in forever, so I'll be nice.
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com
  Re: Re: TGIF! What's on the menu folks? by foodfiend (Barbara, so sorry yo...)
Vicci,

There is NO WAY I can eat all this creamed spinach! When Hubby showed up again at the store, the staff asked what happened, and they gave him an extra scoop in the "small tin"!

Can I freeze this for a week or so maybe? Hubby doesn't eat this stuff. Or rice. Or quinoa. And a whole bunch of other things!!

And thanks for thinking about me and what's going on at work, but Lockheed Martin and my company just won a great contract with the Navy to update a bunch of ships and it looks good for another 5 years, even with possible furloughs. We can manage okay, but I do worry about other folks I work with!

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: TGIF! What's on the menu folks? by BarbaraS (Wow Jean, they look ...)
Barbara, when our ham took more time than planned last week we ran to the freezer and had two of your crabcakes--what a wonderful thing to make a quick gourmet dinner!! Your gift just keeps on giving!! Christmas in March!!
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: TGIF! What's on the menu folks? by Old Bay (Barbara, when our ha...)
Jean - is the chicken salad sandwich on a biscuit?
  Re: Re: TGIF! What's on the menu folks? by Trixxee (Jean - is the chicke...)
I had to go to Urgent Care to get blood work done so I could renew my BP meds and had to wait 3 hour with a bunch of sick people....after a very bad day! Needless to say, the ribs I planned are not dinner. If I decide I want to eat anything, I'll warm up some of the pasta from last night. UGH!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.