Need advice, now, on washers and dryers
  Re: (...)
Any opinions on clear winners/ losers?

I've had our stacked Kenmore for 26 years now, so I have no idea at all about the best brands. I've seen so many options (steam clean, really?) that make my head spin. I need 1 wash and 2 dry settings, although there is no chance I'll find that basic of a model.
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com
  Re: Need advice, now, on washers and dryers by foodfiend (Any opinions on clea...)
I have a Maytag Neptune which was the first front loader available. While it was way way better than my old Sears top loader, there are better ones avaialable now. I was really impressed with the Samsung front loader washer and dryer stackers. My daughter had them at her old house and chose them for her new house as well. It is probably what we will get when the Maytag dies. Costco has had the best price on these.

We have a Kenmore Elite dryer that does a great job. When we got married our washers were old, but the one dryer was brand new, so we kept it. When it needed to be replaced we liked the value of the Kenmore best. Way better than the Kitchenaid (can't remember the other brand, but not good). If we had to get a new washer we'd probably get a new dryer as well because of the energy savings in the new ones and I get will probably get a Samsung dryer as well.

I do like having options for water temp for both wash and rinse, time, spins and extra rinses. I wash everything in the washer, from our bed comforters, to delicate silk and cashmere. I dry everything as well, sometimes on just air, no heat. I also did most of my dry cleaning in the dryer when I worked and wore wool suits, etc. I don't use the sensors much, but they do work. I love the touch up feature, the six temperature settings, and infinite time choices.
  Re: Re: Need advice, now, on washers and dryers by Cubangirl (I have a Maytag Nept...)
Alina, I have read so many good things about Samsung washers and dryers that I think I will concentrate my research on those. Thanks for your opinion!
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com