What's for Dinner, Tues., 3/12/13??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menut for everyone today??

Finally our repeat visit to Posh Restaurant is here!! I've been anticipating this dinner since we left P.A. in November!! We're meeting up with our old friends Chef Dave and Pam Nelson, who just happens to be an exotic meat distributor now and Posh is one of his clients. But they've never eaten there - so an experience for them!!

http://www.poshscottsdale.com/

And, then, alas we leave Arizona and all the new states for us in the morning - will stay 1 night in Blyth. But being back in California almost seems like the fun part of the trip is over since it's our old stomping grounds. but, it has been a trip, that's for sure!1
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Dinner, Tues., 3/12/13?? by cjs (What's on the menut ...)
I can't wait to hear what you decide on having from that menu. Wow. Halibut cheeks, Kobe beef...oh, what a decision that would be!

Dinner tonight will be babyback ribs, rice with peas, and Asian coleslaw.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tues., 3/12/13?? by Mare749 (I can't wait to hear...)
That's the only problem, Maryann - we can't choose what we want, we choose what we don't want and then he develops the dinner around what he has in the walk-in.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tues., 3/12/13?? by cjs (That's the only prob...)
Enjoy Jean!

I think I'm making the Chicken Pomodoro from the freebie issue. I might double the sauce so that we can have it over angel hair pasta. A tossed salad on the side.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tues., 3/12/13?? by Trixxee (Enjoy Jean![br][br]I...)
That should be very interesting, Jean. Have fun!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tues., 3/12/13?? by Mare749 (That should be very ...)
That sounds so fun, Jean!

We're having grilled lamb burgers tonight. I'm going to top them with the Greek salsa and Feta yogurt spread from C@H #69.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tues., 3/12/13?? by karyn (That sounds so fun, ...)
I picked up some frozen Sockeye Salmon at shames last trip, so I'm grilling that. Trying to decide what I want to put on it. Suggestions welcomed! Fragrant rice and green beans are the sides. Lettuce is outrageous right now!

Jean, I love the concept! I have always wanted to dine at a place that offers that kind of service!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tues., 3/12/13?? by Gourmet_Mom (I picked up some fro...)
I really want to go to POSH the next time we are in Arizona. That is a very interesting place. Indeed.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tues., 3/12/13?? by luvnit (I really want to go ...)
Daphne, here are some ideas, but it is now 4:30 p.m. so you're probably all reday with your salmon.

Grill it with bbq sauce and if you have any mac & cheese in the freezer, top the salmon with it and enjoy - via Chef Kelly Johnson - Tecumseh, MI - oh boy is this good.

* Exported from MasterCook *

Miso Glazed Salmon (or Halibut?) SOON

2 Tbsp red miso or 3 Tbsp white miso
2 Tbsp sake
2 Tbsp sugar (less or more to taste)
2 teaspoons soy sauce
4 6 ounce skinless salmon fillets

Mix the miso, sake, soy sauce, and sugar in a small bowl. Adjust proportions to taste.

Pour half of the mixture into a container large enough to fit the salmon fillets, then pour the rest over the top of the fish. Make sure the fish is coated with the miso sauce. Cover the container and marinate for at least 30 minutes, and up to overnight.

Line a broiling pan with aluminum foil. Brush a little vegetable oil over the foil and lay the salmon fillets on top. Make sure there is an even, thin coating of marinade on top of the fish. Place the fillets no closer than about 6 inches from the broiler element in your oven.

Broil for 6-10 minutes, depending on how thick the fillets are and how hot your broiler is. Keep an eye on the salmon. The marinade has sugar in it that can easily cause the glaze to burn. If it starts charring and the cooking isn't yet finished, place the fish on a lower rack in the oven.

Serve with rice and stir-fried vegetables.
----------------
and our all time favorite!!

* Exported from MasterCook *

SALMON, PUGET SOUND

3 pounds Salmon fillet
1/2 lemon -- just the juice
2 tablespoons brown sugar -- packed
1 tablespoon fresh tarragon -- chopped

Rinse fish & pat dry.

Lay fillet, skin down on double thickness of foil.

Ream juice from lemon & brush over fish.

Sprinkle w/brown sugar and tarragon leaves.

Grill for approx. 10 min. or till done.

or

Roast in a 425 oven for ~18 min. or to 140°

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Dinner, Tues., 3/12/13?? by cjs (What's on the menut ...)
Wow Jean!! That's looks awesome! Hubby and I would NOT know how to order in this restaurant.

Last Saturday Wegman's was selling fresh pineapple and mango salsa and I picked up some. Doing pork chops tonight, just frying them on the stovetop. Should I add the salsa and heat it up with the chops a little bit or just pour over the finished chops?

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.