What's For Dinner, Wed., 3/13/13??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menut for everyone today??

On the road, so we'll have a Greek omelet when we land.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's For Dinner, Wed., 3/13/13?? by cjs (What's on the menut ...)
Good question. I am cleaning out the fridge and freezer for our first major pizza party this weekend. I probably just grab some soup out of the freezer. Maybe make some biscuits to go with it.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: What's For Dinner, Wed., 3/13/13?? by cjs (What's on the menut ...)
We're having one of my favorite pasta dishes from Fine Cooking - Pasta with Sausage, Olives, Sundried Tomatoes and Cream. It's been a pasta kind of week!
  Re: Re: What's For Dinner, Wed., 3/13/13?? by karyn (We're having one of ...)
I made Italian wedding soup this morning, so we'll have a cup of that and leftover meatball lasagna, with a small salad.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's For Dinner, Wed., 3/13/13?? by Mare749 (I made Italian weddi...)
Making my favorite pulled pork today for sandwiches. Will top with mango cilantro slaw. Can't wait. So good.

http://noblepig.com/2012/05/slow-cooker-...lled-pork/
  Re: Re: What's For Dinner, Wed., 3/13/13?? by Trixxee (Making my favorite p...)
I need to go see if I made that, Trixxee. I have it copied.

We have church, so we'll grab a bite after.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's For Dinner, Wed., 3/13/13?? by Gourmet_Mom (I need to go see if ...)
We're having chicken pesto melts with French fries. It looks like I'll be copying Trixxee (again) in the near future, that looks delicious.
  Re: Re: What's For Dinner, Wed., 3/13/13?? by losblanos1 (We're having chicken...)
One of our repeat work campers from last year brought oysters from the Oregon coast. We're going to grill them and serve with "Rhubarb Ginger Compote", Jean's herbs & parm, and with garlic butter & Tabasco.

I have some cheese made that I'll doctor up with some herbs and stuff in peppers to go on the grill, some whole wheat no knead bread. I'm not sure what else I'll pull out.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: What's For Dinner, Wed., 3/13/13?? by Harborwitch (One of our repeat wo...)
Sounds good, Sharon - Shoot I just saw an oyster idea the other day and now I can't remember what the h*ll it was. Hope I saved it somewhere!!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's For Dinner, Wed., 3/13/13?? by cjs (Sounds good, Sharon ...)
Quote:

Sounds good, Sharon - Shoot I just saw an oyster idea the other day and now I can't remember what the h*ll it was. Hope I saved it somewhere!!!

Speaking of oysters--we went to the Woodlands today and Trader Joe's, great storefresh Mexican heirloom tomatoes, fennel bulbs, buffalo mozerella, artichokes, cheeses, and so reasonable!!! We then had a late lunch at Papadeaux's Louisiana Fish House--I had a dozen perfectly small sweet Gulf oysters ON SALE at $10), La gumbo, and a salad--Jane had Costa Rican Mahi--paired with an Alsatian Reisling (deliciously dry!)! Ironically, a new Pope was elected while we were at "Papa's"--Best wishes to the new leader of the Catholic Church!!! We are so full no dinner is needed!!
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".