What's for Dinner, Thurs., 3/14/13??
  Re: (...)
What's on everyone's menu for today?

What I'd really like is another Greek omelet - man, that was tasty. I have a slice of ham thawed that I think I'll make ham salad with pecans & apples from Issue #98 - on focaccia. another travel day - to Acton, CA
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs., 3/14/13?? by cjs (What's on everyone's...)
Soup 'n Sammiches!!

Woohoo!! My new toaster oven comes today! And it couldn't be any sooner - my old has decided it will not toast anymore.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs., 3/14/13?? by cjs (What's on everyone's...)
Today is Pi day!!! As in 3.14 (March 14th).

So I am going to make Spaghetti Pie and Butterscotch Pie to honor Pi day

HAPPY PI DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[Image: pi-symbol.jpg]
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs., 3/14/13?? by luvnit (Today is Pi day!!! A...)
WHAT??? No PIZZA PIE??
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs., 3/14/13?? by cjs (WHAT??? No PIZZA PIE...)
Leftover honey soy pulled pork. I am so loving leftovers these days. Ever since the time change I'm exhausted.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs., 3/14/13?? by Trixxee (Leftover honey soy p...)
Happy Pi Day, Laura! I'm making pizza pie, although I won't be home. My girls want to take me to dinner tonight because I have been helping with the grandbabies. So, Ron will be having Jean's Creole Seafood and Sausage Pizza.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs., 3/14/13?? by Mare749 (Happy Pi Day, Laura!...)
Jane is making veal picatta with veal from the freezer and I am making a caprese salad with heirloom tomatoes, fresh mozerella, and basil we got at Trader Joe's yesterday.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs., 3/14/13?? by cjs (WHAT??? No PIZZA PIE...)
Quote:

WHAT??? No PIZZA PIE??

Funny Jean! No, but I made 6 batches of pizza dough yesterday that are all aging in the fridge. I also made 13 pints of pizza sauce that I am canning right now. We have a first official pizza party, with the pizza kettle on Sunday!

Maryann has the Pizza Pie covered for today
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs., 3/14/13?? by luvnit ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
I hope I can get some heirlooms going quickly!!

Maryann Roy wants to know why Ron gets that pizza quite often and he doesn't. Boy, can he whine!
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs., 3/14/13?? by cjs (I hope I can get som...)
Jean, that is so funny!

Happy Pi day, Laura!

I've got some Goat Cheese and Sundried Tomato Ravioli and I'm looking for a sauce idea. Suggestions welcome. If nobody has an idea, I have the Chicken Linguine with Goat Cheese and Candied Tomatoes and Toasted Pine Nuts as an idea for back up, just sub the Ravioli.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.