help! storing filled cannoli :)
  Re: (...)
We've been in DE for several days doing "new house stuff". I was supposed to make a cake for my Dad's birthday on Saturday, but we had to stay an extra day, then arrived home this evening, and I'll have only a day here to do a bunch of things before driving to visit my parents for a couple of days on Saturday. I decided to buy Dad a cake in a wonderful Italian bakery before we left this afternoon.

It's a small and adorable "cannoli cake" and the pastry chef gave me a cannoli to lay on top for presentation. I have the cake wrapped and in the freezer (it will thaw slowly during our trip on Saturday) but I don't know how to store the cannoli. It's filled with pastry cream and sprinkled on the ends with mini chocolate chips. I haven't put it in the fridge, but on the porch where it's cool. Any suggestions?
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com
  Re: help! storing filled cannoli :) by foodfiend (We've been in DE for...)
I find they store very well in my stomach.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: help! storing filled cannoli :) by labradors (I find they store ve...)
No idea, but it sure sounds good.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: help! storing filled cannoli :) by Mare749 (No idea, but it sure...)
Labs, so where shall I send it???

Maryann, it's the cutest cake. Small, about 5" in diameter and 4" high, but very fancifully decorated. I've never bought a cake before and if it's as good as it looks, I'll be hard pressed to make one again! And for $10, I thought it was a good price (actually the guy behind the counter gave it to me for $8 when he heard that I was from Pittsburgh!). They had a lovely, similarly-sized rum cake as well, and we may be there for my birthday later in April, so... yum.

I just checked the cannoli. It is not soggy, but still cool (for the pastry cream) so fingers are crossed that it lasts for another 32 hours!
Vicci

my cooking adventures
  Re: Re: help! storing filled cannoli :) by foodfiend (Labs, so where shall...)
Ooooooo... Italian Rum Cake....

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: help! storing filled cannoli :) by foodfiend (Labs, so where shall...)
Wish I could help, but must say any cannelloni I've had on hand didn't last that long. Good luck.

"cannoli"
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: help! storing filled cannoli :) by cjs (Wish I could help, b...)
Hopefully the cannoli won't morph into cannelloni. Though I must admit, of the two I prefer the latter if it is veal with a bechamel sauce.

One of my favorite typos is from a gal on the old CI board that wanted to make a tamponade.
  Re: Re: help! storing filled cannoli :) by Cubangirl (Hopefully the cannol...)
ROTFLMAO!!!

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: help! storing filled cannoli :) by BarbaraS (ROTFLMAO!!![br][br]B...)
SO glad that I had swallowed my juice and set it down....
Vicci

my cooking adventures