Pizza Party Day!
  Re: (...)
I almost posted this on yesterday's thread for dinner.

When I realized that it was for Saturday, not today.

Today is our first official Pizza Party Day! This one is mainly to test our wings on the Pizza Kettle thing and make any adjustment we need to for the party next week. Today we are having more traditional toppings because there are a lot of kids. And some fairly squeamish adults Tongue But we are making fresh cheese and that should also be a fun deal. I will take a few pics and post them later on.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Pizza Party Day! by luvnit (I almost posted this...)
Have fun, Laura! I can't wait to see the results!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Pizza Party Day! by Gourmet_Mom (Have fun, Laura! I ...)
Hope you have decent weather for it, Laura. It's cold here and we had snow yesterday.

Looking forward to hearing all about your pizza baking with the new grill insert.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Pizza Party Day! by Mare749 (Hope you have decent...)
The pizza will be great, for sure - it's the Pizza Kettle I'm really anxious to hear about.

With our time in Port Angeles winding down, we sure don't want to go to the expense and time of putting in a wood fired oven as we had planned to do. So, this sure would be a fun alternative!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Pizza Party Day! by luvnit (I almost posted this...)
Quote:

Today we are having more traditional toppings because there are a lot of kids.

Peanut Butter and Fluff pizza, anyone?
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Pizza Party Day! by cjs (The pizza will be gr...)
I'm anxious to see the pizza kettle results!!
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Pizza Party Day! by Old Bay (I'm anxious to see t...)
I can't wait to see either. We might be able to haul a weber kettle and the pizza oven attachment around - can't quite haul a wood burning pizza oven around.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Pizza Party Day! by Harborwitch (I can't wait to see ...)
That's what I'm thinking also, Sharon!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Pizza Party Day! by cjs (That's what I'm thin...)
Have fun!
  Re: Re: Pizza Party Day! by Trixxee (Have fun!...)
The pizza party was wonderful I was so busy I could hardly take pictures. However, this pic is very special. It is of Matt. He was born with a very rare condition. He was born without eyes. The eyes you see in the photo are prosthetics. Matt was also born with a cleft lip and has autism.

He is such a wonderful young man and this is the first pizza he had ever made and he was very proud indeed. He said this was the best party he had ever been to. He is always very charming and saying sweet things. He wanted to eat the entire pizza, but his mother thought it would be best if he took some home. When I told him that I had real pizza boxes for him to take the pizza home he was elated. He told me I needed to open a pizza restaurant.

I always enjoy seeing Matt and his family. He always makes me smile.
[Image: 734307_4946065362586_234865404_n.jpg]

We also had some fantastic Bloody Mary's and I added these skewers.

[Image: 577024_4945180140456_188151123_n.jpg]
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura