What's for Dinner, Tues., 3/19/13????
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

We're meeting up with son & d-i-l and Kelly (used to be on the forum) and her family for dinner. Probably will drink too much and stay up too late.....

This is how we left Morro Bay yesterday..............
[Image: Mar172casesOpolochampagne_zps0d702472.jpg]

Very well stocked with Opolo's Champagne.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Dinner, Tues., 3/19/13???? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Went freezer diving and took out a package of sliced turkey. So, dinner will be hot turkey sandwiches, mashed potatoes and peas.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: What's for Dinner, Tues., 3/19/13???? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Yum, I wanna travel with you...

Another curtailed day at UNH, we've been averaging one a week this winter with all our snow. Nice to be able to say home and play AND get paid for it

Slow cooked maple glazed spareribs with baked? Frites? No, smoked paprika smashed, I think. Peas, Portuguese sweet bread and chocolate-mint Marquise for dessert, a Gordon Ramsey recipe made with After Eight mints. Still have to make my Red Flannel Hash with all my leftovers from Sunday. Can't wait for that! With a beautiful fresh poached egg on top....I still have Guinness in the fridge.

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tues., 3/19/13???? by pjcooks (Yum, I wanna travel ...)
The last of the corned beef hash....
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tues., 3/19/13???? by Trixxee (The last of the corn...)
Everyone to PJs!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tues., 3/19/13???? by cjs (Everyone to PJs!!...)
Eyeing that pan with bacon drippings (sounds so much nicer than fat) that I just cooked for Picky, thinking I'll make my red flannel hash in that. Just put it over the top!

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tues., 3/19/13???? by pjcooks (Eyeing that pan with...)
To the untrained eye those wine bags look like they are from Albertson's. Is that where you got the bubbly Jean?
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tues., 3/19/13???? by Trixxee (To the untrained eye...)
Ding! Ding! Trixxee wins -
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tues., 3/19/13???? by cjs (Ding! Ding! Trixxee ...)
Oh good, so you got 30% off! I'm going to check out my Albertson's tomorrow!
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tues., 3/19/13???? by cjs (Everyone to PJs!!...)
I have no idea . . . perhaps that chicken salad in the new issue? I have sonme chicken. I'm considering corned beef hash, but the only potatoes on hand are frozen shredded - not my favorite for hash.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!