Corned Beef Leftovers?
  Re: (...)
Too late now for you all and I didn't even cook a corned beef, but this sure sounds good from about.com newsletter this a.m.

Corned Beef and Spinach Strata

This is a great brunch or breakfast casserole that's easily made the night before. Just pop it in the oven in the morning, slice some fresh tomatoes and some fruit to accompany the casserole, pour the juice and coffee, and breakfast or brunch is served. 3/19/13 By Diana Rattray, About.com Guide

3 Tbs butter
1 large onion, finely chopped, about 1 1/2 cups
1 tsp salt, divided
1/2 tsp black pepper, divided
1 (10-oz) package frozen spinach, thawed, excess moisture squeezed out
1 1/2 cups diced corned beef
pinch grated or ground nutmeg
6 to 7 cups cubed French or Italian bread, or use a light rye bread
2 cups shredded mild Cheddar cheese, or a Cheddar and Monterey Jack combination
2 1/4 cups milk
8 large eggs
2 Tbs Dijon mustard or spicy mustard

1. Heat butter over medium-low heat; sauté onion until tender. Stir in 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper, along with the spinach, corned beef, and a pinch of nutmeg. Stir to blend thoroughly. Set aside.

2. Cut bread into 1-inch cubes. Sprinkle about a third of the bread cubes over the bottom of a 13x9x2-inch baking dish or 3-quart shallow casserole. Sprinkle about 1/3 of the spinach mixture over the bread cubes, then sprinkle about 1/3 of the cheese over the spinach mixture. Repeat the layers 2 more times.

3. In a bowl, whisk the milk, eggs, and mustard, along with the remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Pour over the casserole. Pat the top all over to submerge the bread. Cover with foil and refrigerate for at least 8 hours or up to 24 hours.

4. Remove the strata from the refrigerator and let stand at room temperature for 25 minutes.

5. Heat oven to 350°.

6. Bake the strata, uncovered, for 45 to 55 minutes, until golden brown and cooked through. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.

7. Serves 6 to 8.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Corned Beef Leftovers? by cjs (Too late now for you...)
That sounds fantastic. I bought another corned beef yesterday as they were marking them down an extra $1 per pound. The use by date is in June so we'll be ready for some more before then. Will print this out.
  Re: Re: Corned Beef Leftovers? by Trixxee (That sounds fantasti...)
William would love this, but only if he got a couple of Reuben's beforehand...LOL!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Corned Beef Leftovers? by Gourmet_Mom (William would love t...)
That does sound good, but Reuben's are the reason leftover corned beef is never a problem in my house!
  Re: Re: Corned Beef Leftovers? by karyn (That does sound good...)
I'm sure that's why God made corned beef - Reuben's!!!!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com