What's for Thurs., Dinner, 3/21/13??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today.

This is a quiet day of relaxation for us, so we'll start it out with a pizza brunch with bubbly. Don't know about later. lots in the freezer to use up before we get back to P.A.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Thurs., Dinner, 3/21/13?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Sounds like a lovely day Jean! Going to go pick up some bubbly today myself. If they have the German stuff at Trader Joe's I will get a case!

Lasagna soup is on the menu for tonight! Should be pretty easy to make it sounds like. Can't wait to try it.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: What's for Thurs., Dinner, 3/21/13?? by luvnit (Sounds like a lovely...)
New issue of Cooking Light came yesterday (finally, some recipes I'm interested in). I think I'm going to make this buffalo chicken topped salad.

http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/buffalo-...000126855/
  Re: Re: What's for Thurs., Dinner, 3/21/13?? by Trixxee (New issue of Cooking...)
That sounds good, Trixxee - hope you'll come back with a review!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Thurs., Dinner, 3/21/13?? by cjs (That sounds good, Tr...)
Sure will Jean. I actually thought of you when I saw this recipe. I know you love your buffalo stuff!
  Re: Re: What's for Thurs., Dinner, 3/21/13?? by Trixxee (Sure will Jean. I a...)
I do, I do
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Thurs., Dinner, 3/21/13?? by cjs (I do, I do [img]/ubb...)
Hooray! They had the German Champagne,the name, Schloss Biebrich Sekt ... Anyway, got a case!
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: What's for Thurs., Dinner, 3/21/13?? by luvnit (Hooray! They had the...)
anxious to get back to our Trader Joe's so we can get some more, also!!
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Thurs., Dinner, 3/21/13?? by cjs (anxious to get back ...)
Trixxee, there is a similar recipe from C@H that we like. The chicken is done on kabobs on the grill. It's really good.

I'm doing the French Onion Salisbury Steak tonight. YUM!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Thurs., Dinner, 3/21/13?? by Gourmet_Mom (Trixxee, there is a ...)
I'm making a bastardized version of Steamed Bacon Buns with Hoisin (using Pillsbury biscuits). I'm trying to use up as much as I can of what we have in the trailer, so I don't have to cart it upstairs!! So far, the different steps I've prepped are just delicious!!

Oh, and a p.s. I've also made a pulled pork sauce that Jane & Bill gave me the recipe for afer I was licking my fingers from theirs. It's really good and I thought it would be a good addition for the Steamed bun goodies tonight, too.

J & B Miller's Pulled Pork Sauce
1 1/2 cups apple cider vinegar
1/2 cup ketchup
1 T. brown sugar
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. cayenne
2 T. yellow mustard

Crap - just noticed it was supposed to be brown sugar, not granulated. Oh well, it's still tasty, but it would be better with the brown.

Just mix up and put in squirt bottle.
www.achefsjourney.com