Pizza Maker's Top Ten Pizzas!!
  Re: (...)
So many of us are making pizza now, that it might be fun to have a record of the toppings we all think are the best of the best. Quantities aren't important (are they?? ) - it's more the combination of flavors that make the pizza.

So, with that said, I think I made the best if not of all time, pretty close, pizza I've ever made. The ingredients do take a little planning, but we all end up with leftovers often, don't we??

I had slo-cooked Pioneer Woman's Soy pulled pork a couple weeks ago and froze the hunks of meat plus the jus - I had picked up Veneto salami (any would do) at BevMo a couple days ago along with the SteakHouse Aged Onion Cheddar cheese. The Manchego is easily found.

Here's the ingredient list -
Clockwise from the top left – Pioneer Woman’s pulled pork(the soy one)& the jus, apple slices, sharp cheddar, Veneto Salami and shredded Steak House Onion Cheddar and juilienned Manchego cheese. Jalapeno slices to top it off.

[Image: Mar21VenetoSalamiPulledPorkpizzaingred_zps7db8317d.jpg]

The flavors were just out of this world. I'm out of olive oil at the moment, so used Truffle oil..... to drizzle over the top. As you can see no sauce at all, just the listed ingred. None was needed.
[Image: Mar21VenetoSalamiwOnioncheddar_zps57fb6c32.jpg]

So, let's keep this going.................
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Pizza Maker's Top Ten Pizzas!! by cjs (So many of us are ma...)
Great thread Jean! I can't wait to add some to this thread! I just got back from the store with some amazing goodies for our 'adult' pizza party this weekend.

Wonderful!
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: Pizza Maker's Top Ten Pizzas!! by luvnit (Great thread Jean! I...)
I figured you'd jump right in, Laura!! Hopefully we can find our favorites from now on!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Pizza Maker's Top Ten Pizzas!! by cjs (I figured you'd jump...)
Nothing fancy, but man this was a delicious pizza. Plain old cheese.

[Image: Cheesepizza1.jpg]
  Re: Re: Pizza Maker's Top Ten Pizzas!! by cjs (I figured you'd jump...)
I'll come back this weekend to add mine. This is a cool idea.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Pizza Maker's Top Ten Pizzas!! by losblanos1 (Nothing fancy, but m...)
That's what I'm talkin' about, Blaine - sure doesn't have to be fancy to be over the top delicious!!! and this one sure does.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Pizza Maker's Top Ten Pizzas!! by cjs (That's what I'm talk...)
Gourmet "Garbage" PIzza:
  • Crust
  • Sun-dried-tomato pesto
  • Mozzarella
  • Sautéed button, shiitake and portobello mushrooms
  • Caramelised onions
  • Cooked ham
  • Smoked Gouda
  • Goat cheese
Thanksgiving-Turkey-Dinner Pizza
  • Crust
  • The wet mixture of making sage-and-onion stuffing (i.e. everything except the actual bread)
  • Slices of leftover turkey breast or shredded leftover turkey thighs
  • Just a little leftover turkey gravy
  • Smoked Gouda
  • After cooking, garnish each slice with cranberry sauce
Quick and Simple White Pizza
  • Crust
  • Store-bought Vidalia-onion vinaigrette
  • Slices of deli turkey
  • Mozzarella
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Pizza Maker's Top Ten Pizzas!! by labradors ([b]Gourmet "Garbage"...)
That is just beautiful Blane! Love-n-it (luvnit)!

Thanks Labs for sharing your Thanksgiving pizza again. I thought about it a few weeks ago when I made a turkey! Good. (BTW I have some truffle gouda, will that work?!)
Laura
  Re: Re: Pizza Maker's Top Ten Pizzas!! by luvnit (That is just beautif...)
Margherita, the perfect pizza.

[Image: Margheritapizza5_zps9fdc2fbc.jpg]
  Re: Re: Pizza Maker's Top Ten Pizzas!! by losblanos1 (Margherita, the perf...)
OMG! That looks sooooo good! Love the photo!
Laura