Ridiculous kitchen gadgets
  Re: (...)
Remember Alton Brown's admonitions against unitaskers such as THESE?

One of them (#6 - the "Mocubo") looks innocent enough, but makes me wonder how many home cooks will cut up a bunch of veggies, put them into the below-the-cutting-board drawers and then cut up raw meat on the same board. What worries me is not the obvious potential for cross-contamination on the board, itself - that is always possible with any board, but rather the potential for cross-contamination with veggies in the drawers as meat juices inevitably roll down the front of the board and into the veggie drawers. There are plenty of other reasons the product wouldn't make sense: What if you need to cut more veggies than the drawer capacities? If it's supposed to help with counter space, why not just get stackable food-storage containers? You could get a lot of those for the money you'd spend on the Mocubo (and it only has three drawers, anyway).
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Ridiculous kitchen gadgets by labradors (Remember Alton Brown...)
Yeah, the Mocubo looks pretty silly.
  Re: Re: Ridiculous kitchen gadgets by Trixxee (Yeah, the Mocubo loo...)
They all look kind of ridiculous, I think.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Ridiculous kitchen gadgets by cjs (They all look kind o...)
Actually that mocambo thing looks a little bit interesting - only because I have so little counter space when I'm doing prep work, but it would put the cutting surface too high. I was going to put a paper towel holder under my flip out "island", but maybe a little shelf of some kind . . . .
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Ridiculous kitchen gadgets by Harborwitch (Actually that mocamb...)
In the Cookaholics forum we have an "arrant prac" thread that focuses on useless gadgets. Here are a few for your enjoyment. On some be sure to read the reviews.

rollie
guiltless chips (I prefer guilt)
beyond description .

My all time favorite . I may have posted this one before, but do read the reviews.

I am a huge Alton fan, I even have a t-shirt with Death to Uni-taskers on it.
  Re: Re: Ridiculous kitchen gadgets by Cubangirl (In the Cookaholics f...)
Alina, those are awesome!

I've seen the banana slicer before (perhaps because of you), but the rollie was so incredibly awful that I can't imagine who would buy it....and the guiltless chips could only be tasteless. Dehydrated potatoes need flavor!
  Re: Re: Ridiculous kitchen gadgets by karyn (Alina, those are awe...)
Rollie...HAHAHAHAHA!!!!! I have never seen that one before
  Re: Re: Ridiculous kitchen gadgets by DFen911 (Rollie...HAHAHAHAHA!...)
Oh my. That s'mores maker! And on Amazon it garnered 88 five-star votes!!! Wow. Just, wow.
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com
  Re: Re: Ridiculous kitchen gadgets by foodfiend (Oh my. That s'mores...)
Re: Rollie - Sorry. If it can't leave liquid yolks, I don't want it.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?