What's for Dinner, Tues., 3/26/13??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for eveyone??

2nd grill day in a row - even got to eat outside last night!!! Burgers with maybe a slaw today.

Last day of our Great Adventure - tomorrow, it's on to P.A. and back to life as we knew it before Nov. 18, 2012.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Dinner, Tues., 3/26/13?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
It's still snowing here, so no grilling for us. I made a pot of chicken soup this morning to take out to my mother-in-law who is still recovering from the flu she had a few weeks ago. It was a particularly bad virus this year and she was hit the hardest.

Dinner for us will be browned pork chops on top of sliced potatoes, then topped with cream of mushroom soup and baked in the oven. It's one of those meals from the 60's and Ron still loves it on a cold day.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tues., 3/26/13?? by Mare749 (It's still snowing h...)
We are having leftover chicken curry noodle soup.

So will you be hitting the open road again next November Jean?
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tues., 3/26/13?? by Trixxee (We are having leftov...)
Sept or October!!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tues., 3/26/13?? by cjs (Sept or October!!! [...)
Girl's Night Out!! Going to the Jughandle Inn for their award winning wings!

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tues., 3/26/13?? by BarbaraS (Girl's Night Out!! ...)
Barbara,

This would probably be more for a guy's night out, but is Sportsters still there, in Valley Forge?

Always loved their amazing onion-ring loaf.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tues., 3/26/13?? by labradors (Barbara,[br][br]This...)
Sportsters?? Never heard of it although I googled it and there seems to be one in Pottstown, further up Rt 422.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tues., 3/26/13?? by BarbaraS (Sportsters?? Never ...)
No. I lived in Pottstown and, when I was there, Sportsters was in Valley Forge. They were one of the earliest "sports bars" with big-screen TVs visible from every seat, etc. Remember seeing Villanova win the NCAA basketball championship in Sportsters, so that gives you an idea how far back that was.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tues., 3/26/13?? by labradors (No. I lived in Pott...)
Well that was in '85, but I never recalled going there and don't know if it's still there.

Barbara
  Re: What's for Dinner, Tues., 3/26/13?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
I'm not sure what we're having tonight - depends on how excited I get about all of the prep the dinner I want to make requires.

Jean here is a really refreshing slaw that I made this last weekend. Everyone loved it - and as usual it was better the next day. Talk about beautiful colors too!

"Vibrant and healthy way of using green beans that are just so packed with vitamins. This is truly one of my favorite green bean salads its light, full of great flavor and can be a meal on its own.
Green Beans & Cabbage & Feta Salad

Prep Time:10 min
Cook Time:5 min
Ready Time:15 min
2 servings

Ingredients
2 cups trimmed f resh green beans
1 shallot f inely sliced
1 cup of f inely sliced red cabbage
teaspoon fresh oregano chopped or 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1/3 cup chopped cilantro
1/2 cup grated feta cheese
resh cracked black pepper
Dressing
5 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons red wine vinegar

Directions Start by steaming your trimmed and cleaned green beans f or 5 min. If you don't have a steamer then shallow boil them for 5 min until they are tender and set aside.
Make the dressing just combine the olive oil and the red wine vinegar and whisk together.
To assemble put the green bean into a bowl f ollowed by the cabbage, cilantro, shallots, oregano then finishwith the grated feta cheese.
Using a spoon add some of the dressing around the edge of the bowl start with a f ew tablespoons and add to your taste. Mix together gently check f or seasoning adding fresh cracked pepper and salt of needed."

Recipe from Chef Benny Doro.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!