What's for Dinner, Wednesday, 3/27?
  Re: (...)
For a second I thought it was Thursday. This has been a long week already.

Anyway, we are having chicken tinga burritos for dinner.

http://www.cuisinerecipes.com/2013/01/10...n-tinga/2/

Made this recipe before and it was very good. Might do some pinto beans and cheese on the side.
  Re: What's for Dinner, Wednesday, 3/27? by Trixxee (For a second I thoug...)
We'll be home - darn. I've decided I could very easily be a hobo

We'll go down the hill and visit our favorite place and see what the dirt is for the last 4+ months and have a sandwich.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wednesday, 3/27? by cjs (We'll be home - damn...)
Jean, I'm getting the impression you abhor where you live! Is it the weather?
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wednesday, 3/27? by Trixxee (Jean, I'm getting th...)
Maybe there isn't enough sunshine? I think she has mentioned that a few times.

Jean, you have to at least miss your kitchen! Have fun tonight catching up with old friends.

I just finished putting together beef stew in my dutch oven. Having my dad over for dinner and that's one of his favorites. Also have some Crusty Country French Bread rising. (recipe from Cis)
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wednesday, 3/27? by Mare749 (Maybe there isn't en...)
Sunshine, heat and because for the first time in our lives we have no children or animals to tie us down! And, I'd better make the most of the active years I have left!!!

Maryann I'm already negotiating with 'him' what I can take from my kitchen.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wednesday, 3/27? by cjs (Sunshine, heat and b...)
Ooooh, sounds like Roy has some further camper remodeling in his future!

Did you ever see "The Long, Long Trailer" I think was the name with Lucille Ball and Desi Arnez when they bought a trailer to cross the states with, only she kept picking up rocks as souvenirs and stashed them all over the trailer. She would open the stove and this big rock would roll out. And they were under the bed and in the closets. I have this vision of Jean opening her oven and the blender rolling out, and the smoker sliding out from under the table and the panini maker falling on her head from the upper closets.

I figure the wine she'll pick up on the fly
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wednesday, 3/27? by iBcookin (Ooooh, sounds like R...)
I'm thinkin' that may be my future!!! :
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wednesday, 3/27? by iBcookin (Ooooh, sounds like R...)
Quote:

Did you ever see "The Long, Long Trailer" I think was the name with Lucille Ball and Desi Arnez when they bought a trailer to cross the states with, only she kept picking up rocks as souvenirs and stashed them all over the trailer.

I've always loved this movie but my mom bought us a copy when we bought our RV 7 years ago. NEVER GETS OLD. However, because of that movie I have always been afraid to drive up mountain roads, even as a passenger.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wednesday, 3/27? by Trixxee ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Loved that movie! Ate at work today- chana masala, tandoori chicken and biryani with currents. Delicious.

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wednesday, 3/27? by Trixxee ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Bless your heart, Jean. It will seem like forever for September to get here!

We have church tonight, so we'll be having take out again tonight.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.