Really Sad News This A.M.
  Re: (...)
Over the years, I have been lucky enough to have had 4 best friends - one from 1950, Sonja and forward.

These three are from the 60s and we've been thru a lot!! Cathy (in the forground) died last week while we were on the road. Between the two of us we had 8 kids and we often wondered in those years as single mothers if we would survive raising them all!! Thru all those years she was right beside me in good times and bad and was one of the most gentle, loving women I've ever known. Her boys, Mark, Jeff, Tim & Steven will so miss her and her grandchildren who she was so crazy about.

[Image: Mar29FRIENDS_zps6e45a591.jpg]

R.I.P, dear Cathy -
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Really Sad News This A.M. by cjs (Over the years, I ha...)
Oh Jean I am so sorry for your loss Share her memories and her recipes and she will live on forever.

**hugs**
  Re: Really Sad News This A.M. by cjs (Over the years, I ha...)
So sorry Jean--I've lost all three of my childhood, high school, college friends--we knew all of our secrets and no one had to kill another---I can empathsize with you. Longevity is good, but you get to grieve, they are spared that emotion by paying the ultimate debt. Be well.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Really Sad News This A.M. by Old Bay (So sorry Jean--I've ...)
Oh Jean, I'm so sorry to hear this! Hugs here as well!

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: Really Sad News This A.M. by BarbaraS (Oh Jean, I'm so sorr...)
Jean, I am so sorry. Cherish your friends!
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: Really Sad News This A.M. by BarbaraS (Oh Jean, I'm so sorr...)
Amazing, synchronicity/timing: I'm listening to some Gordon Lightfoot and at the point when I opened this thread, it was at the point in the "Canadian Railroad Trilogy" where he sings, "...a drink to the living, a toast to the dead."

I'm sure each of us would gladly raise a drink to you, Jean, as a toast to Cathy.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Really Sad News This A.M. by labradors (Amazing, synchronici...)
Well, this is a first. Labs, you made me cry again!! thank you. thank you all.

The first thing that popped into my mind when I heard the news was the pact we made a hundred years ago. Whoever went first, the other was to go to the bedroom and go thru the underwear drawer. that's where we were going to store things we thought our kids had no business seeing. I let her down - don't know who went thru the drawer. Piddle, I'm laughing and crying at the same time.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Really Sad News This A.M. by cjs (Well, this is a firs...)
That was sweet Labs...

Jean you are sweet and funny, I am sure your friend would be laughing with you now. So sorry about the loss of your dear friend. It's always tough.

Tonight I will raise a glass to you, and toast to your dear bff.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: Really Sad News This A.M. by luvnit (That was sweet Labs....)
I'm so sorry for your loss Jean.
  Re: Re: Really Sad News This A.M. by losblanos1 (I'm so sorry for you...)
Sorry, Jean. It's hard to lose a long time friend
Cis
Empress for Life