What's for Saturday Dinner, 3/30/13??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

I think this is the first time I'm making a recipe from a poster on facebook. Thai Red Curry Coconut Soup. The ingredients are tantalizing.

And, on a happy, happy note - I've been afraid to get on the scale after our marathon fine-dining road trip, but I'm down 3 lbs. from whemn we left. How about that!!!! (I'm still chubby, but at least I didn't add to it.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Saturday Dinner, 3/30/13?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Wow, good for you, Jean. Maybe you were more physically active while you were wandering? It's interesting that you were able to do that while eating out so much.

Gorgeous day here and not too cold, so we are grilling strip steaks tonight. Also got some cute little sweet potatoes, so will put those on the grill as well. All we need is a nice green salad to go with, maybe a caesar...
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's for Saturday Dinner, 3/30/13?? by Mare749 (Wow, good for you, J...)
We are going to church and then coming home to have Chicken Piccata!

Maryann's steak on the grill sounds good though. Mmmmmm....

Nice job Jean! That would be tough to do. Unless you do a lot of sharing.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: What's for Saturday Dinner, 3/30/13?? by luvnit (We are going to chur...)
Potato Crust Quiche with Ham and Swiss And Fontina cheeses with bacon on the side.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: What's for Saturday Dinner, 3/30/13?? by BarbaraS (Potato Crust Quiche ...)
I haven't decided yet. I hope inspiration strikes.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Saturday Dinner, 3/30/13?? by Gourmet_Mom (I haven't decided ye...)
We've got tortillas and mexican rice to use up so will make these grilled chicken tacos, cilantro slaw and chipotle cream. Will grill onion slices instead of zucchini. Have made these many times and they are outstanding.

http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/p...le-Cream-235158
  Re: Re: What's for Saturday Dinner, 3/30/13?? by Trixxee (We've got tortillas ...)
We are going to South Carolina to see family next week and Easter is tomorrow--we have a head of radicchio, open pkg of mozzerela, open pkg of thick bacon and some bread. Main meal today--mid afternoon--bacon, radicchio, tomato, and mozzerela sandwiches--sounds like a Dagwood to me!!

Postscript: OMG this was good!!! Toast the bread, melt the cheese on one side, then cover that side with everything (don't be afraid of radicchio-it's great!!), mayo on the other side--put together, slice in half, serve with Fritos and a pickle. Have a friendly red wine--red Zin or a Malbec. This leftover has become a regular brunch!!
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: What's for Saturday Dinner, 3/30/13?? by Old Bay (We are going to Sout...)
Mmmm... mmm... Sounds really yummy Bill!
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: What's for Saturday Dinner, 3/30/13?? by luvnit (Mmmm... mmm... Sound...)
That sounds really good, Bill! I decided to start cleaning out the fridge tonight. I won't be trying to do anything creative with it, just eat it. We installed a new washer today and I started my Spring Cleaning projects. Too tired to be creative.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Saturday Dinner, 3/30/13?? by Gourmet_Mom (That sounds really g...)
My wife has the kitchen tonight and is cooking Curried beef with sweet potatoes and spiced rice.