Dinner, Tuesday nite!! 4/2/13
  Re: (...)
We're in Charleston!!! Caper's Blades oysters for me!! Tender Atlantic sweet morsels of the sea, the smell, taste of Capers Island and the Atlantic, the Gulf stream, the sound and smell--three wonderful days here ( Daphne, if you and William could shake loose?!)--all the senses!! Jane will have Grouper with drawn butter, succulent, before our quest across South Carolina--pulled pork, shrimp, history, sausage and grits; beef and onion butter hash from my BIL George, rice, and of course,the rest of the family--the tie that binds--everybody is getting older and these will be precious moments. Charleston, Orangeburg,Aiken, Spartanburg, and Gaffney--so little time in the foothills of the Smokies--good times they be!!
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Dinner, Tuesday nite!! 4/2/13 by Old Bay (We're in Charleston!...)
The Smokies are beautiful. Have been there a couple of times, but to Highlands, NC, where we stayed when we went white-water rafting on the Chattooga River. Loved it there.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Dinner, Tuesday nite!! by labradors (The Smokies are beau...)
Oh Bill, it's wonderful now that I know more of what you speak!!! I want to be right back there! Have a great time now you have my juices going and I'm so ready to get back on the road!

"beef and onion butter hash from my BIL George" I think this is the hash recipe Jane gave me.

----------------

No reason not to use Bill's thread for our 'daily'

For our 2nd leftover prime rib dish, we're having Steak Milanese with Italian Salsa and Gralic Linguine from C@H's Cooking For Two book.

Yesterday, we had the Ribs from the Prime Rib - oh my, they were delicious!!
[Image: Apr1LeftoverRibBonesgrilled_zps2b3bb60c.jpg]
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Dinner, Tuesday nite!! 4/2/13 by cjs (Oh Bill, it's wonder...)
How fun! I think I'm going to make Blane's recipe for grilled chicken with peanut sauce. No chopping involved and Tony can do the grilling.
  Re: Re: Dinner, Tuesday nite!! 4/2/13 by Trixxee (How fun! I think I'...)
Nice Trixxee! I am anxious to get on the grill... Still a bit cold.

Today I am making Pioneer Woman Chicken and Noodles. One last chilly comfort meal before it warms up this week.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: Dinner, Tuesday nite!! 4/2/13 by luvnit (Nice Trixxee! I am a...)
I'll have to think on this! I am totally blank on ideas. I think I'll get out my magazines and flip through for inspiration.

Oh Bill! I wish we could! Charleston is one of my favorite places! Seeing you guys again would be great! I am off this week, but sadly, William has too much work right now. I will be thankful for that and hope that we can catch you guys next time! Have a great time! I KNOW the food will be good!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Dinner, Tuesday nite!! 4/2/13 by Gourmet_Mom (I'll have to think o...)
Trixxee, hope your hand is hurting a bit less today.

Very busy day here. All four kids on Spring break so was out with Holly all morning, made lunch for everyone, and went to the park this afternoon. They all just left. Whew!

I decided to make it an easy night, so took out some l/o chili that I froze last week. We'll have a cup of that and some hot dogs on the grill.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Dinner, Tuesday nite!! 4/2/13 by Mare749 (Trixxee, hope your h...)
Bill, we love Charleston! It's been way to long since we spent a weekend there, but we always enjoy the food and cocktails!

Trixxee, I'm glad you've found a way around chopping. I hope your hand is feeling better.

We're having either patty melts or grilled hamburgers, depending on what everyone wants. I've got a chopped salad to make us feel healthy.
  Re: Re: Dinner, Tuesday nite!! 4/2/13 by karyn (Bill, we love Charle...)
Okay, I'm not having one of my favorite things in the world....clams or shrimp and grits...in Charleston, but dinner was a former 10. I kept thinking about this crispy yummy chicken dish and finally came up with it! It was only a month ago, but it stood out in my mind! It didn't disappoint! Japanese Fried Chicken with Sticky Vinegar Rice.. I forgot a green to go with, but who cares. This is just that good!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Dinner, Tuesday nite!! 4/2/13 by Gourmet_Mom (Okay, I'm not having...)
How do you make you Sticky Vinegar Rice, Daphne?? sounds good.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com