Review: Steak Milanese w Salsa & Garlic Linguine
  Re: (...)
Wow, was this ever a terrifice dinner!! From C@H's Cuisine for Two, page 49.

[Image: Apr2SteakMilanesewSalsaandgarliclinguine...d86f27.jpg]

Followed the recipe exactly and Roy Richard was practically licking the plate. Just enough heat to add to the flavors. Super good.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Review: Steak Milanese w Salsa & Garlic Linguine by cjs (Wow, was this ever a...)
Beautiful photo, Jean! That looks delicious. Time to go look up the recipe!
  Re: Re: Review: Steak Milanese w Salsa & Garlic Linguine by karyn (Beautiful photo, Jea...)
Well I don't have that Cuisine For Two. How many Cuisines For Twos are there?

Jean, any chance of posting the recipe? What cut of steak does it call for?

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: Review: Steak Milanese w Salsa & Garlic Linguine by BarbaraS (Well I don't have th...)
I will do it tomorrow, Barbara. It calls for a top sirloin. It's a great meal.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Review: Steak Milanese w Salsa & Garlic Linguine by cjs (I will do it tomorro...)
Nice! I'll have to consider this one!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Review: Steak Milanese w Salsa & Garlic Linguine by Gourmet_Mom (Nice! I'll have to ...)
Here you go -

Steak Milanese with Italian Salsa

While the beef is chilling, boil the water for the pasta and make the salsa. Then simply sauté the cutlets and finish the pasta. How easy is that?

For the cutlets:
1/2 lb boneless beef top-sirloin steak, trimmed
Salt & Pepper
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 egg, beaten
1 Tbs milk
1 cup fresh bread crumbs
2 Tbs vegetable oil
---------------
For the Italian Salsa:
1/2 cup seeded and diced fresh tomatoes
2 Tbs diced red onion
2 Tbs halved kalamata olives
1 Tbs capers
1 Tbs chopped fresh oregano
1 Tbs olive oil
1 Tbs lemon juice
-----------
For the Garlic Linguine:
¼ lb dry linguine
1 Tbs olive oil
1 Tbs minced garlic
¼ tsp red pepper flakes
Grated Parmesan Cheese
Salt to taste

1. Cut steak into four 2-oz.pieces, then pound each piece ¼-inch thick using the smooth side of a meat mallet. Season cutlets with salt & pepper.

2. Place flour in shallow dish. Whisk together egg and milk and pour into a 2nd shallow dish. Place crumbs in a third dish.

3. Dredge cutlets in flour, followed by egg mixture, then crumbs. Transfer cutlets to a parchment-lined baking sheet. Chill cutlets while preparing Italian Salsa.

4. Combine tomatoes, onions, olives, capers, oregano, olive oil, and lemon juice in a bowl for the salsa; set aside.

5. Heat vege oil for the cutlets in a large sauté pan over medium-high. Fry cutlets until golden, about 2 minutes per side. Drain on a paper towel-lined plate.Top cutlets with Italian Salsa; serve immediately.

6. For the pasta: Cook linguine in a saucepan of boiling water according to pkg. directions; drain and set aside.

7. Heat oil, garlic, and pepper flakes in same saucepan over medium-high heat until garlic begins to sizzle, about 1 minute. Add linguine and toss to combine. Season with Parmesan and salt.

Source: C@H Cooking Light book – makes 2 servings
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Review: Steak Milanese w Salsa & Garlic Linguine by cjs (Here you go -[br][br...)
Thank you Thank you!!

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: Review: Steak Milanese w Salsa & Garlic Linguine by BarbaraS (Thank you Thank you!...)
I am definitely making this at some point. Thanks jean!
  Re: Re: Review: Steak Milanese w Salsa & Garlic Linguine by Trixxee (I am definitely maki...)
Did you use panko?
  Re: Re: Review: Steak Milanese w Salsa & Garlic Linguine by Trixxee (Did you use panko?...)
Sounds really good! Thank you!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.