What's for Dinner, Tues., 4/9/13?
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for today??

Up in the air here - my sourdough is ready to use, so will start some pizza dough and maybe something else. If it's good, we may just sit and eat a loaf of bread/biscuits or topless pizza!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Dinner, Tues., 4/9/13? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Went freezer diving and took out a package of venison. So, will use that to make a stove top venison stew. Grandmother bread to go with.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tues., 4/9/13? by Mare749 (Went freezer diving ...)
Pizza!!! We haven't had that for a while...

Since the last time we had pizza and hubby manned the grill and burned up 4 pizzas in a row!!!!!!!!!! Burned it to a crispy black charcoal!!! I was flabbergasted! I didn't say a word, we threw it all away.

I will be cooking these in the oven. Too cold out anyway
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tues., 4/9/13? by luvnit (Pizza!!! We haven't...)
Oh- Oh!!!

I have my first sourdough pizza dough resting..................
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tues., 4/9/13? by cjs (Oh- Oh!!! [br][br]I ...)
What a bummer Laura. Do you use a stone?

A New recipe tonight- Chicken Paillard with a Caprese field salad.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tues., 4/9/13? by losblanos1 (What a bummer Laura....)
It really was a bummer Blane. Yes, we use a stone and we have had many successful grilled pizzas. We even grilled 12 or so pizzas for a party recently.

Not sure exactly what went wrong, and I didn't ask too many questions. I know he felt bad enough throwing away all of that dough and all of those toppings... So just, chalk it up to experience!

We don't have many food failures, but this was absolutely one of them.

IMPORTANT NEWS FLASH: Due to a series of serendipitous events I have acquired some beautiful, whole chicken wings at a great discount. This happens to pair nicely with the two bottles of buffalo wing sauce I just purchased on major clearance. So... Now I am making Buffalo Wings tonight! Tomorrow, I want to make the Buffalo Chicken Pizza that Jean has talked about!

I am so excited!
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tues., 4/9/13? by luvnit (It really was a bumm...)
darn, I've been wanting Buffalo chix pizza ever since I thawed out the pkg. of chix bones, for heaven's sake!!!
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tues., 4/9/13? by cjs (Damn, I've been want...)
What did you put on it Jean?

The recipes I have been reading use chicken, and buffalo wing sauce for the pizza sauce. Sliced red onions, sliced celery, bleu cheese dressing...

Also, I found: scallions, cream cheese, ranch. I have seen drizzled with Buffalo sauce and dressing for the 'pizza sauce'. Jeepers! The possibilities are limitless!
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tues., 4/9/13? by luvnit (What did you put on ...)
Now I'm wanting Buffalo Chicken Pizza! YUM!

I have had a busy time lately...explain later...so I wanted a simple yummy dinner. I thank Jean for the idea. I've been craving it since she mentioned it. Tonight I fixed French Dip Sandwiches with chips. I can't believe I forgot the dill pickles at the store! But it was really good! Not as good as home roasted prime rib, but plenty good.

Now for my absence. As I posted in Lab's Mimosa thread...

"I have a lot of catching up to do. It may take me a few days. Between report cards due, raining pollen and drippy eyes, and designing a new unit, I have had little free time lately. Nine weeks left until summer! "
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tues., 4/9/13? by luvnit (What did you put on ...)
We just finished the Steakhouse Mushroom Burgers from the grilling book with the chicken & plum salsa on the cover. I don't remember if anyone has reviewed this one or not - but OMG!

I didn't have the Texas toast, and didn't want to buy something that we wouldn't eat so we used some kaiser rolls. Jeff, who puts catsup on spinache and hates mushrooms LOVED this. Bob loved it, I loved it. They have asked that we put this in constant rotation - every 2 weeks.

I put a sprinkle of pepper flakes in the creamed spinach just for a giggle. Perfection. I'll post pictures tomorrow - now I'm considering bed.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!