What's for Dinner, Wed., 4/10/13??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

I'm playing with my sourdough today. It sure smells good.

Just a note on sourdough - I have a pkg. of dried sourdough that Marlene (da cook) from C2C gave me years ago SOMEWHERE! So, if I can find it and this one isn't up to snuff, I think I'll reconstitute it (finally) and go with it. Nice backup.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 4/10/13?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
My pizza dough is good and rested from the other day. I have a lot of work to get done today, but the plan is to have pizza! I will make it in the oven this time.

But that is the plan!
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 4/10/13?? by luvnit (My pizza dough is go...)
I looked up the Steakhouse Mushroom Burgers that Sharon make last night and they sound great. Not sure why I have passed this one up as I love every component to it - especially creamed spinach!
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 4/10/13?? by Trixxee (I looked up the Stea...)
You are really going to love this one!

I have bean soup, tortellini in red meat sauce, and something else I'm sure. I'm kinda thinking pizzas tonight too - I work the closing shift Thursday, Friday and Saturday so leftovers might be really nice for Thursday. I also have stuff to make a tortellini soup with sausage & veggies. Hmmmmm.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 4/10/13?? by Harborwitch (You are really going...)
Nothing fancy here, just making some tuna salad. Going to eat lite tonight
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 4/10/13?? by DFen911 (Nothing fancy here, ...)
We are in Spartanberg SC visiting with Janes brother with her sister and a friend. We are trying another Italian restaurant that has a great menu and a good reasonable wine list. I'm so hungry for Italian!
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 4/10/13?? by Old Bay (We are in Spartanber...)
Again, everything sounds delicious!!

I'm not over-the-top happy with C@H Sourdough starter, but I've got to admit I made a fantastic pizza dough from it today. will post about it in the thread.

Also played with some rolls and individual pizza rounds.
[Image: Apr10SourDoCiabatarolls_zpsfedf4ab9.jpg]

Great flavors!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 4/10/13?? by cjs (Again, everything so...)
Trixxee, you're in for a treat tonight, those are so good.

Tonight I'm making Thai Shrimp Bisque from the 'Celebrate the Rain' cookbook.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 4/10/13?? by losblanos1 (Trixxee, you're in f...)
Well, here's the last test - the rolls are very tasty, but it's a heavy dough and not much sour taste to it.

I'll continue to play with it a little, until I can replace it with a better starter.
[Image: Apr10CatHSourdoughRollsIssue_zpsa6f2d957.jpg]

Even so-so dinner rolls can't be too bad.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 4/10/13?? by cjs (Well, here's the las...)
well I finally finished up on the Honey-Soy Sauce Pulled Pork today after staying home for a severe allergy attack - OMG! The butt never really cooked well last Sunday on low, so I switched to high for the last few hours, but still wasn't convinced it was cooked.

It's done now. Next time I would just like to do it in the oven like the last PP I did for a Christmas party - that one came out more moist.

I like the sauce, but it needs more garlic at the finishing state.

Tonight, it's Speidie Soy Sauce chicken with extra garlic!

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.